CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
golddiggerart said:
Popular with the tourists...Nice one.... Could be some Good Silver and Gold rings in the mix there as well...

Yeah that's the exact reason I hit Manly regularly, though I've only found 2 small silver rings there, I keep asking myself why there isn't a lot more, really makes me wonder...... I've found well over 30 silver rings just at the park I hit this morning, keep asking myself why about that also, it makes no sense. Think I need to stop trying to make sense of it. :D

Cheers Smoky, yeah they all come out that colour at this spot, it's really rich organic black soil, it's a bit of a reclaimed swamp too. Will clean them up this arve and see if I can make them shine.

Heatho said:
They could be easilly passed off as a $2 for sure. I actually chatted with a few different people at the beach yesterday, there were yanks and poms everywhere. :)

The American quarter dollars give an excellent signal, thought it was a big silver ring.
Love the US coins, the eagle is too cool :cool: there definite diggers on the ATG too :Y:
The people I've spoken too lately past the van park are all from Blacktown so far :rolleyes:
guess that's why they have bottle caps and not coins :rolleyes: their local currency :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Heatho said:
golddiggerart said:
Popular with the tourists...Nice one.... Could be some Good Silver and Gold rings in the mix there as well...

Yeah that's the exact reason I hit Manly regularly, though I've only found 2 small silver rings there, I keep asking myself why there isn't a lot more, really makes me wonder...... I've found well over 30 silver rings just at the park I hit this morning, keep asking myself why about that also, it makes no sense. Think I need to stop trying to make sense of it. :D

Cheers Smoky, yeah they all come out that colour at this spot, it's really rich organic black soil, it's a bit of a reclaimed swamp too. Will clean them up this arve and see if I can make them shine.

Do you love silver more than Gold? lolol

Hell no, it's just that people seem to be more likely to lose silver than gold around here. My silver to gold finds ratio would be about 10:1. I've found a lot of silver jewellery but only 8 pieces of gold jewellery, being 7 rings and 1 bangle.

I'm a bit overdue for a gold find. Ha, though whenever I say that I find gold. :D

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=284618#p284618

Great mix haul of coins Heatho. Yeah the American coins give nice signals including their 1cent peices which come in at 1237-39 on the ctx , which is the same as the singapura dollar . Can't remember what my quarters came in at so will do an air test later . Seems almost fashionable to drop silver at the beach these days Heatho instead of the yellow stuff .

I think the quarter was 12:47, I thought it was going to be a chunky silver ring mate. Was a bit dissapointed when the quarter came out.

Back at the ol' honey hole again this morning. Managed $30 and a nice silver ring, not sure what the stones are, think possibly emerald or maybe even tsavorite garnet. Anyway it looks great, really stoked with it. Also got a few penny's and a sixpence.

1487392581_20170218_145951.jpg

1487392581_20170218_150012.jpg

1487392581_20170218_150045.jpg

1487392582_20170218_150054.jpg

Was a weird signal for a silver ring too, was 12:26 which is very low for sterling, pretty thin silver though. As I was digging it I was thinking to myself, c'mon gold ring.... oh well silver and nice stones is still ok with me. :)

Latest posts