CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah , night time might yield more results . Just got me wondering what's down in the water . If there is plenty on the sand , good chance there is some in the water. The amber ring , sounds like a bucket list item Heatho . Can you see the mosquito clearly ?

Danny13 said:
Yeah , night time might yield more results . Just got me wondering what's down in the water . If there is plenty on the sand , good chance there is some in the water. The amber ring , sounds like a bucket list item Heatho . Can you see the mosquito clearly ?

I don't really detect in the water Dan but I'm sure there would be plenty of stuff in there, may look into a water hunt someday..... You can't see the insect very clearly but you can see antenae and a couple of thin legs coming out from it at certain angles.

Goldpick said:
Definitely looks like amber, the ring also looks quite old - not a bad session at all Heatho. :)

Thanks GP, it's quite an old park with very hard ground, I reckon the ring must have been there for quite a long time. Always happy to find stuff like this. :)

G'day Heatho , if it's a mosquito or insect of some kind then it's fossilised Amber . The good thing is the inclusion is an insect which ups the value a bit. Once they extract the DNA you might be able to open Jurassic park down under :)

Dan

If it's real amber you can rub it with your fingers and it should have a timber smell about it, plastic has no timber smell. ;)

Cheers mate, was a surprise find, the signal was exactly like a florin would have given, was almost expecting a florin after getting 2 penny's there, was surprised to say the least when I saw the ring pop out.

Been over this spot with the 11" coil (maybe I just missed it previously) but nailed it with the 17" coil.

Got a decent spot for tomorrow I think, went to a park today hoping for a detect and there were so many people celebrating Aussie day that I couldn't park, litterally hundreds of cars, gonna hit it first thing in the morning.

Hit another high traffic harbour beach today for about $55 in coins, been eyeing it off for a while, drove past today and managed to get parking, got about $20 from yesterday arvo as well, was trying to break my own record, anyway it was about 5 hours detecting.

1485766615_20170130_192815.jpg

Coin container is almost ready for another cash in.... :)
1485766616_20170130_193322.jpg

Latest posts