CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit more of an average hunt today, hit a beach this morning that I visit regulary, same beach where I found the gold bracelet before christmas.

Got a coin spill of 4 Thai coins and 1 Croation coin.

1485052879_20170122_130921.jpg

1485052879_20170122_130935.jpg

Hey heatho...what is that coin ...in the botom photo ...far botom left...i found one a couple of years ago...new it was a foreign but not sure which country :D

G'Evening Heatho,
Mate you have hit the beach and a great hunt, time to hit the fridge and that six pack that you mentioned yesterday when we spoke on the phone, nice international coin collection.
Cheers, Sinhof.

Hit the same beach where I did well the other day, was hoping there wouldn't be many people there, ha, was busier than Saturday..... :( Was hoping to do the areas I missed the other day. Will have to go bacvk at night I think.

Anyway, went to another spot that seems to replenish quite regularly, though there are a lot of litter bugs there it seems, there was way more trash than I ever remember being there before....... Still didn't do too badly, managed $21, a couple of penny's and a vintage looking silver ring with an Amber stone, thought it was Carnelian at first but it's most likely Amber. All in all quite a decent hunt.
1485144431_20170123_140638.jpg

1485144307_20170123_140707.jpg

1485144307_20170123_140733.jpg

G'Day Heatho,
Hell mate, your area must be littered with honey holes, another great hunt.
Cheers, SinHof.

Smashing hunt Heatho , love the ring . Quality detecting mate - nice spot as the goldies looks like they have been there for a while , so safe to assume the spot has not been touched for a bit! 8) :cool:

Danny13 said:
Smashing hunt Heatho , love the ring . Quality detecting mate - nice spot as the goldies looks like they have been there for a while , so safe to assume the spot has not been touched for a bit! 8) :cool:

Thanks mate, I've detected there a few times but not for about 8 months, still haven't covered the whole area so there is more to do there but it's mostly a plan B spot for when others are too full of people. Found my first gold ring there with my aldi detector though.

I'm more keen to get back to that beach I got the $80 from and grid it properly. :D

Was just having a better look at the Amber in the ring, that nasty looking inclusion is actually an insect, looks like an ant from what I can tell. Even more stoked now.

Will go back to that beach at night Dan, will be able to grid the whole thing, even the other day there were heaps of people there. When I tried today I was getting goldies within 2 mins, but just way too many peeps, would have been wasting my time.

Latest posts