CTX madness 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No erosion at all at this beach B5, I cleaned it out before summer and I know another bloke detected it between then and now too, he said he got very little stuff though. I reckon all this stuff was from NYE as there were wine bottle tops everywhere, so I reckon no one has done it since new year.

The pendant is .925 so I guess the chain would be too, one of the finest chains I've seen, no wonder it broke. It has stones in it but I'd say they are just CZ.

1491606673_20170408_090320.jpg

1491606673_20170408_090402.jpg

Yeah, oh well, was hoping for Tiffany. :D When I briefly put the UV on it last night I was sure they were CZ, though didn't look at it too long as a mate came over to drink beer, drinking beer won me over more than the pendant. Bit ordinary this morning though........ :rolleyes:

Heatho said:
Yeah, oh well, was hoping for Tiffany. :D When I briefly put the UV on it last night I was sure they were CZ, though didn't look at it too long as a mate came over to drink beer, drinking beer won me over more than the pendant. Bit ordinary this morning though........ :rolleyes:
Only one cure for a hangover and that's several hours of beach detecting ! Well it works for me anyways :lol: :Y:

Hit a different sportsfield today, sort of near my main honey hole. I managed a quick $15 and then anpother slow $10, have detected this spot before and done ok. Anyway I found a ring I thought was copper as it was so heavily tarnished but it's actually a very old rose gold ring I noticed after cleaning it up a bit. Gives a very gold streak and polished up very nicely like 9k gold would. The hallmark has worn off but I've seen enough gold to know it's the real deal. The TID was 12:36-37, thought it was $2 at first, same as a few other 9k rings I've found. Stoked!! Anyway this ring has been in the ground a very long time, though it wasn't very deep, only about 2 inches.

1491731298_20170409_190759.jpg

1491731298_20170409_190813.jpg

Cheers fellas.

It is rose gold Arthur, it had me perplexed for a while too, lucky I didn't bin it. Was sitting around with a few mates drinking a beer last night and one mate asked what I found today and wanted to see the ring. It was a solid black it was so tarnished (9k gold can tarnish heavilly), anyway I rubbed it on my tile that I do streak tests with thinking it might be silver but the streak was gold..... :eek: Then got some metal polish onto it and cleaned it up to reveal a nice rose gold ring. :D Was more a lucky find than anything as the spot is absolutely junk infested, it came up with the same TID as $2. It's only a smallish one at 2.4g but I'm happy with it.

Smoky keep at it mate, you'll get a gold ring sooner or later, just hit areas where lots of people gather and it will come.

The 9k rings I found are always becoming tarnished, no wonder the US doesn't accept 9k as "gold jewellery" considering the high silver content (plus high copper content for rose gold).

Latest posts