New Sluicy with a couple of mods

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive modded my gs16 a bit but these are things that i dont have an issue with given the price point. switched the marine carpet for backed spaghetti mat from clark rubber, longer legs front and back, longer and more adjustable arms on the hopper. i want to put some clay bars on the hopper and fewer holes on the spray bars so i can get better pressure from my ozito bilge pump. overall happy with what i got for the money.

anyone buying a sluicy the only absolute must mod id suggest is swapping out the marine carpet asap.

IsThisGold? said:
ive modded my gs16 a bit but these are things that i dont have an issue with given the price point. switched the marine carpet for backed spaghetti mat from clark rubber, longer legs front and back, longer and more adjustable arms on the hopper. i want to put some clay bars on the hopper and fewer holes on the spray bars so i can get better pressure from my ozito bilge pump. overall happy with what i got for the money.

anyone buying a sluicy the only absolute must mod id suggest is swapping out the marine carpet asap.

Hi Isthisgold, Yeah same mods I made pretty much, Changed the carpet to spaghetti with carpet in the last two riffles, but still losing a bit out the end but thats likely me still getting used to it and getting setup right.
Cheers
Mick

I bought a GS10 not long back. Found it was OK in the original configuration for sandier material, but for the likes of Tuena with it's iron stone I modified it with a catch tray above some breadcrate and kept the marine mat, plus slipped some mesh from a cat 2510 air filter to reduce the size. Found this config works perfect for that situation. went all day with only 3 small specks escaping out the end. take for the day just over a gram.

1486471270_img_20170129_192930.jpg

2.5 grams for 3 days work

That's a nice haul there Stupaul, looks like some chunky bits. I didn't get out last weekend so it's nice to see someone in the colour, makes me want to lock this coming weekend in.

mickskin what mods do you need to sort out with the cable tray??
I have vmatting on my hopper to and I catch 80% of my gold on there but I don't have any thing covering the vmat, the vmat is getting pounded by the rocks so I want to put a cable tray over them....

I just purchased a Sluicy GS16 from Central West Prospecting Supplies. Did some mods and took it out today for its maiden run. Pretty happy!!
Will do some pics of mods etc in next day or so.

ben2363 said:
mickskin what mods do you need to sort out with the cable tray??
I have vmatting on my hopper to and I catch 80% of my gold on there but I don't have any thing covering the vmat, the vmat is getting pounded by the rocks so I want to put a cable tray over them....

Hi Ben
Have given up on the cable tray for now, tried running over the grizzly but had too much material running out the back.
Just using a piece of moss in the hopper now and finding its holding a lot of the gold, easy to remove it after running a bit of material to see how we're going. It also protects the base of the hopper a bit.

I've also removed the top two riffles and have fitted a rubber flap to settle there water a bit, still losing a bit out the end, have been running my old sluice under the sluice. Always learning.
Mick

1486870524_img_0279_2.jpg

1486870525_img_0280.jpg

1486870525_img_0281.jpg

Ok thanks Mick, can you tell me if he still has some or sells it, and who he is so I can contact him please?

Mickkat12 was giving it away in the for sales but I think he got rid of it all.
Its avaliable on eBay but I don't think its the backed type ( need v matting under )
Mick

I just got the gs11 first high banker I have had and didn't want to spend to muchhavent used it yet will see how it goes

A few more mods completed, flairs to move the spray bars out a bit and a clay claw for the heavier ground.

Also a pick of some of those shrimp that are always nibbling our feet, "DELICIOUS"

1487063468_img_0282.jpg

1487063469_img_0283.jpg

1487063556_img_0269.jpg

Latest posts