Coin ????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
found this today but cant seam to be able to id it any ideas ??
1484726000_023.jpg
1484726017_024.jpg
The back is total smooth been in the ground a while I think .

Hi Pirate Pete, I actually found a similar coin today. It looks to be an 1820's King George Sixpence. I'm guessing 1826-29? The other side should have a lion over the crown, mine is also quite worn but identifiable. I'm going to post up later tonight. Check out the link for details. An old coin, nice find!

https://www.forumancientcoins.com/historia/coins/e4/george 4.htm

I'm guessing the coin at the top right of the page?

Pirate pete said:
wow 2 in a day whats the odds lol think the one i have is the 1829 I have nothing on the back at all ,but thanks for that great info .cheers PP

Totally! I was freakin out and thought I was going crazy when I saw your photo as I knew I hadn't posted my pics yet and they look so alike. Showed the wife and she couldn't believe it also. A great little find, well done!

I cleaned mine up a bit this arvo and it came up sparkling. The tin foil, baking soda and hot water worked a treat on the tarnish.

1484738217_img_3540.jpg

1484738217_img_3541.jpg

Well done PP great find as good as gold in some peoples book. Never found a coin of that vintage, exciting no doubt makes you wonder who lost it and when.

Hi JD,
I found my near Wedderburn, see photos. It was my first silver found on the gold fields. Not bad condition considering it was dug from about 7 inches in broken rock.
1484773165_image.jpg

1484773289_image.jpg

Another coin found on the same trip was not as easily identified. Looks like it slowly slid down the side of a hill and wore the bottom side off.
1484773481_image.jpg

1484773565_image.jpg

Good luck to all for 2017
Diablo

Diablo that top cion is Smok'n enough to make you want to smoke a cigar. Perhaps what the fella who lost was doing when he realised he'd lost it :lol:

Diablo, just as the others have mentioned; that top coin is a cracker! The bottom looks to be of his dad King George IIII - older, wiser and a little more thick set. Well done!

Thanks MG well you have got it or you ant lol the last coin I found was an 1856 penny that was in pretty good nick .

Latest posts