Gemstones?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, while panning for gold I sometimes see what I think might be a gemstone, but I'm not sure. Probably thrown out lots if they are, but I've started looking more carefully for them now. Got a couple tonight I thought looked a bit green, but I'm colourblind so I thought I'd put up a pic and see if anyone can tell me what they are, thanks!
1484653456_p1170970.jpg

I can see some of the red ones and the clear one, the ones I thought looked a bit green would be the honey ones. Hard to get a good photo because they are quite small. They were in sluice concentrates that I ran through a clean up sluice, and then panned out and were in the end of the panning, so they must be reasonably heavy to get through all that.

Thanks Heatho, yeah it is a bit hard to tell. Hopefully I can get some more which might help with identifying them. I hadn't considered zircons because I didn't know they could be found in this area, but maybe they can. Of what I know can be found here, I was thinking maybe garnets or beryl?

Latest posts