Can anything be done with bomb sapphires?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got alot of bomb sappfires and a lot of small ones.Can anything be done with these.Is it worth sending them to get cut at lamberts?Then again I wouldn't know if they were small anyway.Ive got 100 stones in bags which weigh on my dodgy scales at 50 grams.What do you guys think? cheers

Large bomb sapphires can look pretty cool when cabbed if they have attractive colours in them or are stars or jet black.

Really small stones aren't worth the cutting fees.

These are some I've had cabbed.

1484648561_20150507_140254.jpg

1484648561_20150507_140447.jpg

Thanks Heatho,makes me feel a bit better looking at some polished ones.Was thinking I was waisting my time for a moment.I might just send a bag and see how it goes.Thanks again

No worries mate, hope you get some nice results. They cost about $1 to $1.50 per ct to cab so the prices are very reasonable.

Yes, Lamberts are the ones that did mine, I think they are trustworthy, they'll send back any rejects too. I've had no problems with them. Just remember though that they take a long time, I think my last parcel took 3-4 months which is pretty standard for them. Just check out their website and the shipping details and everything should be fine.

This thread gave me a bit of inspiration so i had a play with a small piece i had. I was happy with the result, though cleavage plane seems to have a bit of an undesirable effect. Does anyone know if these should be orientated a certain way to cleavage?

Latest posts