Anyone using an XL PRO, other than me?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ded Driver said:
Tony2, you should be able email him ... hit the email link under his avatar

No link for me.......a few more posts to go then I can PM....thanks.

Ridge Runner said:
I have the original Blue Box 5900 DI Pro ??? and they are the most powerful VLF made for the Hobby market, Mine was bought by someone and they never used it too and I just had to have it,

I still have my MXT A/P and I will keep that forever, I am going to buy another soon just in case, I also have about 8 Coils for mine So it can sniff out the smallest of specs or big Items way down Deep, It don't miss much, :Y: :Y: :perfect:

Im guessing that in years to come when the MXT is finally discontinued, it will become another cult detector and people will be chasing them down when they become rare. My other land detector is the MX7 which is based on the MXT. I cannot fault the MX7 in any area at all....the lightness and ergonomics is sensational especially with the 6 Shooter coil.
Tony

Tony2 said:
Ridge Runner said:
I have the original Blue Box 5900 DI Pro ??? and they are the most powerful VLF made for the Hobby market, Mine was bought by someone and they never used it too and I just had to have it,

I still have my MXT A/P and I will keep that forever, I am going to buy another soon just in case, I also have about 8 Coils for mine So it can sniff out the smallest of specs or big Items way down Deep, It don't miss much, :Y: :Y: :perfect:

Im guessing that in years to come when the MXT is finally discontinued, it will become another cult detector and people will be chasing them down when they become rare. My other land detector is the MX7 which is based on the MXT. I cannot fault the MX7 in any area at all....the lightness and ergonomics is sensational especially with the 6 Shooter coil.
Tony

The MXT was a Cult Detector about 10/15 years ago, Back around the early 2000's it made a name for it's self as the Number 1 Gold finding VLF and it has remained there ever since, The MXT is to the VLF market what the GP/GPX series is to the Pulse Induction market, Both machines have transformed detecting Just like the GPX you can't reinvent the Wheel and as such the MXT and the GPX will/have gone down in history as Two very serious Gold getting Machines. If a person Owned one of each then they would have 99.9% of the bases covered. because in skilled hands either machine can take on all new comers young and Old and still run with the Pack. Personally I think they are Both Icons.

karelian65 said:
Tony2, I have two XL PRO's, both have the 9.5, 5.3 and Royal 800 coils. Having gone through countless frustrating attempts I finally scored my first machine from the UK. It was a closet queen and very minty. Not long after one popped up on ebay and I pounced, it was pure reflex and I was full of buyers remorse until the second I saw it. The second machine was never used, mint as new. I've tested it and put it into a White's case, it was meant to be a collectors item and insurance if anything ever went wrong with the first one. Good coil selection of minty coils, unused machine etc.. almost impossible to find in Australia.. $$$. Pure indulgence on my part, worse yet these machines were meant to be used and enjoyed. Yes I would sell to someone who will use it and enjoy it. The Americans tend to go on about the XL Pro and value them greatly, having owned and used one. I can fully appreciate why, it is the last of the 6000 series machines and in my view the best of them all. That beautiful analogue audio, fantastic depth, accurate analogue meter, both VLF and TR. Same balance and handling of the MXT. I use the MXT weather resistance covers on the Pro and they are a perfect fit. A wonderful VLF and a pleasure to swing.

Karelianhttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9224/1575795465_second_xl_pro.jpg

They make a 15" Concentric that will hit things at over 3 ft deep for that XL Pro, I bought one for the MXT A/P, It's a beast of a Coil but it does go Deep.

For anyone interested I paid $750 Australian dollars for the as new XL Pro, with three unused coils. All coils came with covers, no scratches etc. Everything minty and working well. At the time I was happy with the package. It took nearly three years of trying to get the first machine, then got lucky with a UK seller willing to post to Australia. A frustration shared by many in varied circumstances. Weeks later another machine pops up on fleabay and then there were two... White's machines a well made and reliable, I'm pretty sure the Xl Pro will soldier on for many years, no need for a spare... so Tony2 I only ask what I paid. Karelian

The old blue box 6000 machines had an eight inch coil as standard. The Xl Pro has the 9.5 inch coils standard, the 5.3 six inch being popular in mineralized soils and for prospecting. My personal favourite on this machine is the Royal 800, the perfect balance between high gain, smooth operations and performance. A great do it all choice that is resistance to EMI and hot ground issues. Love that flat bottom, excellent depth and sensitivity. It seems to hit the sweet spot so it has stayed on the machine most of the time.
1576147306_img_1488_2_edited.jpg
1576147325_img_1484_2.jpg

The colour is a bit different, but it weathers well and looks as new. All my White's machines get a light 'wax and polish' coils included as well as cables. Look after your gear and don't spare the TLC. When on the beach I use protective covers and fit all my machines with stands to keep them off the ground. I've seen machines years younger than mine that look tired and worn. Maybe I'm wrong but well looked after gear seems to be more reliable and just performs better.... Karelian

You know you are swinging a classic when 'others' decide to borrow design features, quite flattering really. Not a copy or fake GMT or GPX, but there are signs where the influence came from.. Pictures tell the story.. Before you ask, paid $50 at trash n treasure, unstable, heavy, does perform but very unstable. Use the bits and pieces to built a decent kit machine? Karelian
1576226766_img_1552.jpg
1576226802_img_1557.jpg
]

Latest posts