Tuena creek stolen sluice box /pump/pans

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We'll were do I start I love tuena my fav place to be and to get away from the hustle of every day life plus find some gold ....
Been going there for a long
Time .
Went up there this weekend for a bit of a fix left my prospecting gear beside the river like I always have right behind the camping ground wake up in the morning and my marten marks sluice /marten marks pan /garret pan /wx15 Honda pump / sluice stand /all my hoses/my shovel /my petrol can /and even a small bucket ........ Thanks for leaving me my watering can ....... I have had this stuff for over 10 years and thay we're like my 4 kid been going to tuena for about the same 10 years ......
Thanks to ms parsons for going out of her way and helping me today and reporting it and thanks in advance for helping me try to find my things I am lost with out then and have to start all over agen I we'll post some pics so if you see them can you pls call the parsons so she can let me know ..... And to the people who stole my stuff and I have a really good idea who you are don't don't turn the town in to something it is not ..... It has always been a home away from home a good town full of good people .......
Thanks and pls keep an eye on your stuff because I lost mine in one swipe .............

1484488216_image.jpg

1484488216_image.jpg

1484488217_image.jpg

1484488218_image.jpg

1484488218_image.jpg

Bugga Bushgold, woulda been a heartwrenching thing to go through at anytime of day let alone a frantic first up, I've had my crab pots stolen before and it puts all sorts of things through your mind, I was lucky and still have one crab pot left that they never got, but time heals all things for the self, they have to keep reliving the bad that they have done in their minds even if they turn out to be good people one day, and that is the only solace there is short of getting your gear back ,..... chin up and see what life comes up with, change and difference can lead to fantastic things. :|
Let's hope they always dig on barren lands, digging hard for naught ! ;) it's what they deserve, :mad: and we can be happy for them about that. :D the b#$t#rd$.

That's awful Bushgold sorry that's happened to you. It pizzuz me off no end that some people have a such a strong level of self entitlement that you can't leave your stuff somewhere without them thinking they rightfully own it. It should be a no brainer, people are there to lawfully fossick and the gear setup in the creek is someone lawfully fossicking. It seems that because some tosser can simply take something maybe as a challenge with the risk of being caught, that they then think they then deserve and own what they stole.
Jon

Man that's rough, bloody lowlifes :(

I'll keep my eye out around the Bathurst region that sluice will stand out. If I see one like it I'll take pics of the gear and pics of their vehicle and number plate.

I hear you about crab pots though Silver, I grew up on the mid north coast and every mongrel would lift your pots if you were out of eyesight. Caught a pro lifting mine one time and emptying muddies out of it while I was fishing only about 200m away. I yelled out at him and he told me off and gave me the finger so I motored over to him and cast a sinker at his boat like a bullet several times until he dropped the trap back in the water.

Only time I would have a laugh if when lifting a pot you would occasionally find a 6 pack in it instead of a big muddy.

Why cannt people keep there dirty dick beaters off other peoples property .
And then wonder why they get a bit of bush JUSTICE ( hit with a long handle shovel ) .
I dont have much ... but I do have some spare brand new ( 20 meters ) of 1 inch hose that you are more than welcome to have for free
I will even post it up to you at my expense .
Hope this helps a bit .

Yes 3 of them thanks heaps for that there are a couple of other things some markings that my help if you see them wx15 Honda pump that has one metal cam lock on the out let and a black plastic one on the in take, My shovel witch is a trenching shovel with handle made out of an old red painters extension bar

thanks heaps
Brett

Hope you do get your gear back mate. But i think it may be hard there are quite a few of that type of banker been used? I do wish you all the best of luck. Jemba

Bush gold goldrocs here can you tell me are the guys you think stole your gear do they live in town if so tell me as I live in town and I'll see what I can do about finding your gear the barstards must pay as tuena is a great town,I will try my best to help......
Cheers Dave... :mad:

7.62marksman said:
Hay gg why waste money and then they walk ???

Keeping it clean for our younger members!
Leaning towards the second approach.I think the foot up the backside would follow with a not so gentle persuasion to help them change their ways. :) :)

Bushgold, Your gear seems personally customized and hope someone spots them soon!

Sorry there's a couple of more things the stand for the sluice had 3 wing nuts for the legs and one bolt and the sluice box it's self on the third rifle from the end there's a cunck taken out in the middle of the rifle
Thanks for every ones help

They need to have their hands taken off...

Seems to be more and more of it... You could once leave your camp during the day or even over night and nothing would get touched.

These days too many yobbos have access to 4x4's etc and think nothing of taking your gear even in broad daylight....

Better still, hamstring them and leave them in the bush...

Tathradj said:
I will keep an eye out this weekend.
That is a very distinctive sluice.
Looks like there is another set of trouble makers in Town.

You mean there have been other scum in town Tathra?
That is a bloody shame. Tuena is, as Bushgold said a lovely town with lovely people. I've been going there for over 20 years now although not as much in recent years

The sad truth is that online forums are part of the problem and it is very possible it was someone who reads or visits this and other forums.. More exposure, more low lifes.

Its very hard to move around at Tuena without being noticed, seen or heard. Hope they get what they deserve! :mad: