SDC2300 essential extras

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all , ive diecied to invest in the sdc2300, ive seen a good deal on the standard package just investigating what extras to get with it or what would you consider essential?

I prefer headphones over speakers, and a decent cover will be ordered too as its pretty dusty up here .

Im a lefty and ive herd the headphone cord sits on the left side making it just a tad shorter than it already is , have any other leftys had an issue with the cord length? Can imagine it tugging every swing would drive me insane .
Any info or advice would be appreciated

TIA

Newy here

I recently got a SD2000 modded and i am not sure on the weight difference between the SDC2300 but i would recommend a strap for shaft to shoulder to take off the weight and a lower shaft adaptor aswell as they can get very heavy.

Than again, i am completely new and came from the super light Xterra 705.
Detected for about on 8 months with the Xterra, learned allot but i wanted a detector that would and had commonly found gold. I was in quite the shock with the sheer weight of the SD. If yours isnt heavy, id suggest a rain cover and a leg bag for your finds.

Cheers :)

Id get a good pick, a spare coil scrub plate, plastic scoop and anything else they are prepared to chuck in, the pick being #1.

Nightmare said:
Newy here

I recently got a SD2000 modded and i am not sure on the weight difference between the SDC2300 but i would recommend a strap for shaft to shoulder to take off the weight and a lower shaft adaptor aswell as they can get very heavy.

Than again, i am completely new and came from the super light Xterra 705.
Detected for about on 8 months with the Xterra, learned allot but i wanted a detector that would and had commonly found gold. I was in quite the shock with the sheer weight of the SD. If yours isnt heavy, id suggest a rain cover and a leg bag for your finds.

Cheers :)
SDC2300 To heavy :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Put some CEMENT in your coffee and harden up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gee... thanks for the welcome.
I own a SD2000 and it is a big change from the light Xterra. I wouldnt be bitching if i were finding gold or came from a heavier detector.

Is the 23 heavy or not?

Chriso1988 said:
Hi all , ive diecied to invest in the sdc2300, ive seen a good deal on the standard package just investigating what extras to get with it or what would you consider essential?

I prefer headphones over speakers, and a decent cover will be ordered too as its pretty dusty up here .

Im a lefty and ive herd the headphone cord sits on the left side making it just a tad shorter than it already is , have any other leftys had an issue with the cord length? Can imagine it tugging every swing would drive me insane .
Any info or advice would be appreciated

TIA
The cord lenght is short and i am right handed more so when you dig a target , so i went cordless headphones and its twice the machine now i can sit it down, just the speaker is fine if theres noone within 1KLM as the tone can be heard for miles :lol:
Good luck .

A rubber boot to prevent abrasion to the knuckle at the end of the shaft. I modified a rubber towball cover with some cable ties to suit mine.
I made my cover out of neoprene and velcro, works well in the water.

Nightmare said:
Gee... thanks for the welcome.
I own a SD2000 and it is a big change from the light Xterra. I wouldnt be bitching if i were finding gold or came from a heavier detector.

Is the 23 heavy or not?
Sorry Dude did not mean to piss you off :(
No the SDC2300 in my opinion is not heavy at all ... And as many there that know me ;) know Im not a BIG person :lol:
I use a harness and bungee cord with the GPZ7000 now that is a Heavy Detector ;)
Chin up tho old mate the Gold will come we have all been through what you are going through .
Dont give up keep swing Champ it is an AWESOME hobby :D and there is still chite loads of it in the ground .
And WELCOME :D

Cheers guys , all ready have the basic prospecting gear , pick , scoop ect

Wireless headphones sound good ! As much as i like headphones the cord started give me the sh1ts last time especially when I stopped seening the yellow stuff .

Going wireless is certainly the way to go and if the budget can stretch to incorporate a booster you can run the machine quieter and boost to pick up tiny threshold changes. The SDC is a fantastic machine but imho is let down slightly by not having a volume control.

Good luck :)

Chriso1988 said:
Cheers guys , all ready have the basic prospecting gear , pick , scoop ect

Wireless headphones sound good ! As much as i like headphones the cord started give me the sh1ts last time especially when I stopped seening the yellow stuff .
Phase Tech sells fantastic wireless headphones But you will also need the adapter to suit 6.4 mm headphone jack also available from Phase Tech .
Good gear great price fast postage :D and a forum Sponsor :D
Happy hunting

Bacchus said:
Going wireless is certainly the way to go and if the budget can stretch to incorporate a booster you can run the machine quieter and boost to pick up tiny threshold changes. The SDC is a fantastic machine but imho is let down slightly by not having a volume control.

Good luck :)

2nd that on the booster an absolute must have, well for my hearing anyway.

I found with the booster I didn't need headphones.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9608

1484531468_dsc01220.jpg

I prefer headphones over a speaker so can really see any point geting a booster / speaker ect ...
i havent seen or herd how loud the sdc is tho , im in my late 20s hearing is pretty good, the standard volume through the headphones isnt that bad is is ??

Items to improve your outcomes.

I would recommend, hip-stick, bungy, Phase-tech adapter, wireless, Knuckle protector, Modified arm cuff.

Before anyone ?? why I use a hipstick & bungy, to reduce fatigue, provides greater control of swing, improves concentration 7 allows me to detect much longer with greater success, I use the same set up with SDC, SD, GPX & GPZ.

I don't buy into the MACHO BS that goes on about weight of detectors & I don't use a Bungy etc " Take some cement type comment"

cheers
Lee

P.S. search my posts you will see some idea's of arm cuff & knuckle protector.

MACHO BS Take some cement type comment :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:
was not aimed at you :|
And did you not see the smiley face,s .......
Was only having some fun .

Dam it,
Chill mate, my comment was a general statement not directed at anyone, I have seen this sort of comment more times than I care to remember, normally made by blokes who think they are better than others & like to point it out, once again not meaning you here just a general statement, made for the benefit of newcomers who may feel inferior if they use any of these aids.
Of course your comment was not directed at me I hadn't made a post yet :) :) :) :) :) :) :lol:

Its all good :D Old Mate
IMO in less they have 3 arms mate we are all human .
I dont want to argue with any one :( :(
Im a joker mate not a shite starer . Put it down to a miss understanding :D
Peace ... dam it

Mate get yourself a hydration bladder/ backpack, a bungy cord,protective control box cover, a booster, nenads adaptor cable(which is needed if you use different headphones)some good headphones/speaker,a decent pick( Walco etc) a rare earth magnet for your pick.
If you look around most of these items will come in a bundle pack

Some thing like this
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minelab-...126538?hash=item4af876f94a:g:2dcAAOSwPhdU~V3R

Latest posts