Xterra 705 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well thought i would join everyone else and start my own detecting finds thread...Went to my local park that i have been hunting the last two times and found nothing....i was only there for 30 mins and the whole time i could see plugs that i did not dig...And i also noticed a cranky looking old man across the street that was just staring at me...Anyway cut a longish story short...a white van with ranger written on the side pulled up along side of the park ..and a man half my age ...in his 20s came over and asked how i was going...He said they had a complaint that i was digging up the local park...I showed him that i only dig small plugs...and use a pinpointer to locate the coin.ect... He said i was doing nothing wrong and to enjoy my afternoon and left...Now I thought rangers were just dog catchers..Obviously I need to do my homework..And by this time it was getting late in the arvo so i was still bewildered at what just happened.... as it was all over so fast..And the old man was no where to be seen...So moral of the Story is ...If your doing the right thing and not destroying the park...You will be left alone...Next time i see the old boy i will give him a wave. :D

8) The old digger hey ,.... recon he might be sporting a phenomenal range of detectors on his loungeroom wall.
1484266674_images-5.jpg

was probably a little bitter about his spot as he was dialing up the ranger ! :eek:

Yer probs Silver...pissed i was taking a his 2$coins...Will go back after the next event...and give it ago...Ive never been bothered by anyone while detecting...Except by people that were interested it what you were finding...Maybe sign of the times...Alot of people detecting parks ect these days... :mad: :D :D

Go back armed to the teeth Smokey, show em you mean business mate !
Get some reinfocements along on the day. ;)
1484268526_images-13.jpg

1484268548_images-7.jpg

might be something down a little deeper too. 8) You could beat the old girl to the payload. :lol:
1484268663_images-23.jpg

silver said:
Go back armed to the teeth Smokey, show em you mean business mate !
Get some reinfocements along on the day. ;)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1953/1484268526_images-13.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1953/1484268548_images-7.jpg
might be something down a little deeper too. 8) You could beat the old girl to the payload. :lol:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1953/1484268663_images-23.jpg
Hahaha...Apparently i do look somewhat intimidating...probs why he was watching from a distance :eek: :D

The territorial stare ooohhh :mad: :lol: wait til he is detecting throw your steel caps on and go politely heckle him sneaky sticking your boot in his way every swing :lol: :lol:
If he's the park neighbor he probably got most of the goodies and your only getting seconds :(

AtomRat said:
Awesome stuff mate, cant wait to see what you will find! Mabey get yobs and the ace out too and hit some history!
Hey Ar...been getting a few modern gold coins...i want to buy a 15inch wot coil..but i want to buy it with the coins i find :D Hitting a park this Sunday...If knowone has detected it be for it should be a $2 coin gold mine...Stay tunned. :eek: :D

Finally get a day off work...goin for a swing.i told the missis....So i went to my favorite park...The one with the cranky old man......got there at 5am....20mins into it without a single diggible target...i thought... this is gonna be a shite days hunt.....then bamm...my first ever coin spill...thought it was just a $2 coin.....got it out checked hole ...xterra still reads 32...pulled another $2coin out...i thought this was great 4 bucks from the same hole wasnt even going to check the hole again ...but just ran the new Nokta RS pinpointer over the hole and there was still something there...another $2 coin...filled the hole and ran the terra over it one more time...I was still getting a signal about 4 inches from the hole... so i redug the hole a bit wider and found $1.10 in 10c pieces..+ a 20c piece....so $7.30 from basically the same hole :eek:
1485043270_20170122_083325-800x600.jpg
...Picked up my new pointer on Friday...Its a Nokta RS wirh the new improved on/off button..
1485043524_20170122_090426-600x800.jpg
.Must say i love it ...This is the haul for 2.1/2 hrs of fun...
1485043577_20170122_094150-600x800.jpg
Also picked up this...I know what it is but not sure what this was used for
1485043648_20170122_094748-600x800.jpg
Alwas wanted to be a movie star...not. :D :cool:

Cheers tribsa...was an enjoyable morning...I think ive got all the goldies from that park now...but there is a couple of events coming up soon there. :D Should replenish it a bit.

Cheers Heatho....Im really starting to enjoy these park hunts.....Will have to find somewhere soon that has potential for some SILVER... :D ....I payed for the pointer out of the goldies i have already found B5... ;) Will keep chasin the gold coins for a bit longer....as i want one of those 15 inch wot coils.......it somehow seems more satisfying when you buy it from the coins you find ;) Didn't see the cranky old man....but there was unlimited sinkers all sunbaking in the park ...all the same size...had to have a giggle to myself....he should of at least buried them...then at least i would have to dig them ....not just pick them up up.lol straight in my tackle box ...cheers cranky man :D

Nice little spill there Smokey, got to love that when it happens. I enjoyed using the RS pinpointer, not a bad unit - just have to remember that it isn't very water resistant, especially around the joins near the LED and switch. ;)

Latest posts