Ramjet's detector finds for 2017. . XP Deus.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like an old home site from those finds, also that watch must have been one of the first types of wrist watches around. Anyway, a great result from that site, should keep you busy for a few more hunts yet. :Y:

cashgoldsilver said:
Interesting variety forsure and plenty of it + silver {)

Is there any silver in that old watch or :cool:

Exactly what I thought :lol:

It would seem that the watch is indeed silver. It has a .955 hallmark which is fine silver which is shown by how easily it scratches. Plus some other markings that require more cleaning and research. It will have to wait for now as I am off to work again.

1500119296_20170715_212902.jpg

1500119298_20170715_212919.jpg

Great stuff RJ, it's always hard to tell on those watches when they are encrusted with rust from the inner workings - biggest silver of the day. ;)

Another quicky after night shift. I like trying new places for these short hunts. It is a great way to de-stress after nigh shift and I get to test sites and show that they have Pre decimals so that Rocket and I can go back for a more thorough hunt. This morning I tried 2 sites. The first was very small and not one target worth digging in half hour. The second site I spent less than an hour but got enough to show it needs more attention.

1500170531_20170716_114221.jpg

1500170533_20170716_114233.jpg

Prospecting then mining then silver {)

That rams head shilling is the same year I was born :party: 59 what a year 8)

Sorry :lol:

59 ,.... I was still dead then, or in hods pocket, or wriggling up n down the old mans spine lol ]:D

Thanks all. I got out for a few hours today. It's bit of a good/bad situation to be detecting after night shift. I am pretty wrecked and can't concentrate properly. I only find the easy targets and make more of a mess. 8.( :8 On the plus side I enjoy getting out on such a gorgeous day. Such is life.

I did OK but only cherry picked the easy targets. Makes it easier for Rocket to come along and pick out the harder targets. It seems a good method.... Go over and over the same ground and as we pull out the strong signals, either trash or treasure, it makes it easier to find the more difficult treasure. Rocket dropped by to say hello on his way to work. Only one silver for me today. A very toasted 191? shilling. Not sure what the brass type item is but it has what looks like a soldiers head with a helmet on?

Rocket, I suggest trying the opposite end of the site to were I was today. I did a few minutes there on my way out, got a few pennies and halfies. Watch out for the doggy nuggets though. ;)

1500358607_20170718_153953.jpg

1500358608_20170718_154017.jpg

1500358609_20170718_154038.jpg

Oh I really really hate you.....lol No mate I don't hate you but omg...

7 Pennies - 9 Half Pennies - 5 x $2 - 2 x $1- 1 Very worn Silver, an ornate little artifact/relic brownies.

Ramjet said: I did OK but only cherry picked the easy targets.

I love your Okay.... Glad you got a dig in, rest up mate.. Well done. :) :Y:

That crusty old silver coin is a bit like me,crusty,but I still have plenty of fight in me yet :D

Good cherry picking in Maitland,but I didn't know that cherries grew in Maitland - um cherries :p

Good effort = Good feeling :lol:

Latest posts