Ramjet's detector finds for 2017. . XP Deus.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi again,

Just a quick message to say cheers again...we met this morning....did you return in the afternoon? Left about an hour after your visit....ground way too hard in places and simply got the shits.... overall I collected 4 buckles, 4 kangaroo pennies, 4 half pennies, 1 being a commonwealth, 1936 six pence, door knob, lead toy tank and the back of a watch....will clean and post when I get the chance....didn't realise I was dealing with 'Royalty'...the moderator of this forum.....in any case....all the best to you.

Cheers again

Chris :)

Devorsine said:
Hi again,

Just a quick message to say cheers again...we met this morning....did you return in the afternoon? Left about an hour after your visit....ground way too hard in places and simply got the shits.... overall I collected 4 buckles, 4 kangaroo pennies, 4 half pennies, 1 being a commonwealth, 1936 six pence, door knob, lead toy tank and the back of a watch....will clean and post when I get the chance....didn't realise I was dealing with 'Royalty'...the moderator of this forum.....in any case....all the best to you.

Cheers again

Chris :)

Hahaha. Was great to meet you Chris. Sorry I didn't stay as I was just picking up supplies to cook Breaky for the wife and I. I did go back this arvo for about 90 minutes. Thanks for leaving me a couple of goodies. I got similar results to you... a few pennies and one sixpence, 1963. The oldest is an 1877 penny. I really would like to get a full day or 2 in there but I fear it will be all gone this week. Some interesting relics and I think a bit more time in there would give great results.
Cheers

1495962016_a.jpg

1495962016_b.jpg

1495962016_c.jpg

1495962017_d.jpg

1495962017_e.jpg

Out for a dig with Craig, a local we often hunt with. We were having a great time until some person complained to the council. The Ranger was a nice young lady and felt bad about having to approach us and had no problem with what we were doing but apparently..."if we get a complaint, we have to act on it." WE offered to move on.
Swinging the Deus again.
The crusty pennies and the florins were really deep. Got two foreign coins, one is a Netherlands Indies coin, (Now Indonesia) from 1942. The other with the wavy edge is from Israel 1967. They were found about 30cm apart.

1496122774_c.jpg

1496122773_a.jpg

1496122774_b.jpg

1496122774_d.jpg

1496122774_n1.jpg

1496122787_is1.jpg

Man, that florin is probably one of the most crusty ones I've even seen, will probably still clean up ok though. Pity about the complaint being a bit of a downer, at least the ranger was understanding -did you actually move on, or just offer to? Still an excellent hunt, foreign coins are alway interesting to find for a change. :)

Ramjet said:
We moved on GP.... Path of least resistance. I will go back another day. Some of the most encrusted silver and copper coins I have found, apart from on the beach.

Last time that happened to me, the Ranger also could not see any issue whatever with our activities, hence just kept on detecting. Wasn't going to give in to a couple of ignorant locals who couldn't even bother to approach us to see what all the fuss was about. Problem with moving on is that the locals will expect you to do it all the time, plus it may give the person who reported you the false impression that you were in fact doing wrong by the Council Ranger. Personal preference I guess, I hate any sort of conflict, though you have to draw the line in the sand somewhere. ;)

Goldpick said:
Ramjet said:
We moved on GP.... Path of least resistance. I will go back another day. Some of the most encrusted silver and copper coins I have found, apart from on the beach.

Last time that happened to me, the Ranger also could not see any issue whatever with our activities, hence just kept on detecting. Wasn't going to give in to a couple of ignorant locals who couldn't even bother to approach us to see what all the fuss was about. Problem with moving on is that the locals will expect you to do it all the time, plus it may give the person who reported you the false impression that you were in fact doing wrong by the Council Ranger. Personal preference I guess, I hate any sort of conflict, though you have to draw the line in the sand somewhere. ;)

Great comment. I see your point and in reality I had almost had enough for the day. We did discuss the council bylaws with the Ranger. ( nice looking young lady so I didn't mind the chat ;-) ) At every park, oval and reserve there are signs stating the prohibited activities which include.... No willful damage to flora. That alone could be used against us.

Nice quicky RJ.... :cool: :Y: .....dam rain has turned the parks into dams here :N: :/
Even hailed here two nights ago :eek:

No silver,your'e losing your touch :D

B+ for effort :Y:

Queensland - beautiful one day - perfect the next :cool: