Ramjet's detector finds for 2017. . XP Deus.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I will post all my finds for 2017 in this thread, rather than have a different topic for each detector. Detectors used will be an AT Pro, an XP Deus and a CTX 3030 and any others I might pick up through the year. :D

Here are links to my other finds topics.

At Pro finds: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10092

XP Deus finds: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16463

CTX 3030 finds: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19637

My videos: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=164965

I have been away from detecting and the forum for several weeks but after work last night I had about an hour with the CTX. Man the ground is HARD!. I left 2 deep targets as the ground was like concrete. The 1915 shilling was in nice condition until I gouged it. :8

1484261248_20170113_092014.jpg

1484261248_20170113_092041.jpg

Hi Ramjet,
Good to see you're out and about again,pitty about the shilling; digging in hard ground and controling tools can lead to problems, have the same problem liberating gold from its rock/shale hiding place.
Cheers, SinHof.

One good thing about the shilling RJ, at least it wasn't a H ,.... aint that hard ground a bugga, it leads us to take those small close to target digging risks, and unless we are on the ball with it all ......Scrrratch..... , just make more scrutinous use of the pinpointer if your onto a sure fire good thing, you know I feel for you buddy, I hate seeing them gettin scrrratched !
8) :rolleyes: :cool: :D

Good to see the regulars start posting again, you did about as well as I did for the first hunt RJ. I currently have the same problem as you - hard ground, or ground that is so dry that recovery will only result in a mess. :)

8) Actually, under extremely close scrutiny the 1915 shilling was subject to an old scratch along the same path, funny that, cause you can see that the old scar has the same patina as the rest of the coin , and somehow you've managed to touch along the high points of a larger scoring. So, looks like it was meant to be RJ, that coin was the problem all along, it was calling the scratch back into being somehow ( temporal atomic change gravitational theory 101) :eek:

silver said:
8) Actually, under extremely close scrutiny the 1915 shilling was subject to an old scratch along the same path, funny that, cause you can see that the old scar has the same patina as the rest of the coin , and somehow you've managed to touch along the high points of a larger scoring. So, looks like it was meant to be RJ, that coin was the problem all along, it was calling the scratch back into being somehow ( temporal atomic change gravitational theory 101) :eek:

:eek: WOW thats some heavy chite :eek:

8) :eek: That's really heavy man ! :eek:
Chite
word used to define a white person acting chinese
that white man is a chite
:lol:

G'Day Ramjet,
Mate you did well,67 cents,I spent two and a half hours on two local beaches yesterday afternoon for half that, 35 cents, the beaches of late are hardly worth the trouble; a bit of exercise and a cool breeze is good though.
Cheers, SinHof.

The first cool day in weeks so I went out for a dig. Just to one of my local spots and spent the first hour going over a section I have already covered with the At Pro and XP Deus with great results.Including a 3 florin spill and the 15 badge stash. Today I did dig a few targets with the CTX but nothing of interest. Then I moved to the patch next to it and got a couple of finds. Fully covered that block of land now.... but I will probably go back to it and cover it at a right angle to the way I have done so far.

1484810196_20170119_155537.jpg

1484810196_20170119_161214.jpg

Latest posts