Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This arvo I managed a wing down at the Creek Track and the first signals I got were a $2.60 coin spill, funny thing is I left this signals before because they were really scratchy and I thought (Iron).... We walked everywhere and plucked off some more coins, not a lot but was happy to just be out swinging.....Kiara and I got to the end of section I wanted to finish at and I hit on a nice crisp 32 TID which sounded so good that I had to dig it.....
Ring a ding ding I was shocked with it and the only reason I ran the detector over it is because the grass is all dead and I could cover more ground.
Anyway we had fun.....which is what matters the most to us.. :)

1509011862_find.jpg

The Big Blue... :)

1509011879_ring.jpg

Lots of little yellow stones in it as well, looks vintage to me just going by the design...No hallmarks though.

1509011948_blue_stone.jpg

Flower Design...

1509011973_flower.jpg

All the best blokes until next time. :) :Y:

Second Topaz (?) ring this week :party: and a very nice one indeed :Y:

That certainly looks vintage to me,lovely cut stone,don't worry too much about no hall marks just take it to your friendly local jewellers for his viewing 8)

Because it is vintage I'm saying diamonds also,if I wrong no loss,always pays to hope for the best right :)

Very very nice ring,looking forward to your update :cool:

B5MECH said:
Top hunt gda :cool: :Y: ...... 8) Earrings from two ear peoples :eek: :Y: Their whoopers 8)
Interesting ring that one 8) Definitely an oldie :cool: :Y:

The earring looking things are part of a necklace, junkers but gave me a little thrill when I saw the Gold showing through the grass as they were a surface find. :Y:

cashgoldsilver said:
Second Topaz (?) ring this week :party:

That certainly looks vintage to me,lovely cut stone,don't worry too much about no hall marks just take it to your friendly local jewellers for his viewing 8)

Because it is vintage I'm saying diamonds also,if I wrong no loss,always pays to hope for the best right :)

Very very nice ring,looking forward to your update :cool:

Thanks CGS for that....Because I have no tester I did the only thing I know which is a good test. I held it on my tongue for a good 1 minute and the stone stayed cool....:)

silver said:
Oooo W O W gda that's a nice un that's for sure.
:Y: * :cool: * :Y:

It's a good looking ring mate thanks to the stone. :)

Secret Squirrels said:
Nice hunting GDA & Kiara :Y: loving that ring mate 8) can you expand a little on the "cool to tongue" theory?

This from Google: An old test was to put the piece in the mouth. Glass will soon feel warm. Gemstones feel icy for a lot longer because they have higher thermal conductivity than glass.

Nice find mate, the cool test is generally for topaz, it does feel cool to the touch. If you have a decent sized piece of around a few hundred carats the cool touch feeling is quite noticable.

If you had a small uv light you'd be able to tell if the other stones are diamonds or not, even one like this is perfect for the test, only $5.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Portabl...238784?hash=item2cc86e6400:g:494AAOSwlf5ZxRON

It seems like topaz week for sure, where's mine........ :D

golddiggerart said:
This arvo I managed a wing down at the Creek Track and the first signals I got were a $2.60 coin spill, funny thing is I left this signals before because they were really scratchy and I thought (Iron).... We walked everywhere and plucked off some more coins, not a lot but was happy to just be out swinging.....Kiara and I got to the end of section I wanted to finish at and I hit on a nice crisp 32 TID which sounded so good that I had to dig it.....
Ring a ding ding I was shocked with it and the only reason I ran the detector over it is because the grass is all dead and I could cover more ground.
Anyway we had fun.....which is what matters the most to us.. :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1509011862_find.jpg

The Big Blue... :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1509011879_ring.jpg

Lots of little yellow stones in it as well, looks vintage to me just going by the design...No hallmarks though.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1509011948_blue_stone.jpg

Flower Design...

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3128/1509011973_flower.jpg

All the best blokes until next time. :) :Y:

Amazing find!!!! :Y: :Y: :Y: Good spot!

Heatho said:
Nice find mate, the cool test is generally for topaz, it does feel cool to the touch. If you have a decent sized piece of around a few hundred carats the cool touch feeling is quite noticable.

If you had a small uv light you'd be able to tell if the other stones are diamonds or not, even one like this is perfect for the test, only $5.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Portabl...238784?hash=item2cc86e6400:g:494AAOSwlf5ZxRON

It seems like topaz week for sure, where's mine........ :D

Thanks for that link mate I will get one of those... Cheers Heato. :Y:

Sandta said:
Oooohh Ye !!
What a beauty ! :Y:
Congratulations Artie :p

Cheers Sandta....Kiara is Happy and keeps asking of her other ring a Silver one we found at Penny Park around the corner....I told her it is safe...lol :)

So tonight Jacob and I went to the beach, I let him run the X-Terra 505 after shortening the shaft and I ran the 705....I knew he'd do well with it as long as he was swinging low and slow....
The deal is that whenever I go out for a beach detect Jacob and Kiara can share the 505 and each dig and swing, whatever coins they find they split in half and any jewellery is theirs so I'll put it away or I will give them a money reward for their finds if they are happy to let me have them.

Anyway Jacob killed it tonight and even though Dad got more coins and even let Jacob grab a 50c of mine out of the scoop to put in his pocket he did good on the jewellery front pulling up his first ring....2 Silver earrings and one of them was a fricking 1953 threepence all nice and shiny, polished and looking good.
Jacob and I are off early tomorrow to hit a few beaches, Kiara is at a sleepover and Jacob made sure he rubbed it in saying she is going to miss out...lol
Siblings....
The only downer was finding a needle....GRRRR I haven't seen one on the beach since 2004....At least it is off the beach now and I sent a message to the local Newspaper to let them know where I found it, right next to the pier....

1509102720_finds.jpg

So Jelly that Jacob got the Threepence Earring but also so proud. :)

1509102760_jacob.jpg

The Needle GRRRRR :mad:

1509102789_needle.jpg

Until next time take care out there everyone. :) All the best. :Y:

Sandta said:
Well done Jacob ! :Y:
I suppose the old boy did alright too ;)
Proud moment ... good times :)

LOL yeah the old fella did okay, but the 505 slayed me and I would have swapped with Jacob had I put the 9" concentric on the 705......Still Jelly over the Threepence....lol :)

Quick morning swing because of the overcast weather and rain this morning....Happy to get a silver ring just before leaving the beach. Jacob was a little sore and tired, he never knew how heavy a detector could be after a few hours swinging. :)
The old fella did a bit better today and got Silver so he's happy. :)

1509141667_22780714_10210677286037068_1743219103970585972_n.jpg

1509141679_22814016_10210677288117120_911093469612774774_n.jpg

1509141695_22851776_10210677293797262_113013178306802425_n.jpg

Sunday is supposed to be fine so I may get Jacob and Kiara out with me to do a different beach which has been good in the past. :) :D