Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks buddy :)

I have a few silvers which I will swim in the brewski and so how they turn out,hopefully as good as yours.

Very nice silvers :Y:

Decided to go out to the back lawn and have a quick swing and got some nice signals then I hit on a nice loud 40 - 44 and started digging it up.
I hit metal and thought I'll use my hand to scrap back the dirt and the reveal showed this....

1496218796_gun_hole.jpg

I knew exactly what it was, I was like OMG no way another one....woop woop...

1496218847_hole_50c.jpg

I am so rapt and happy because last night I said I wish I could have another one to match the one I got the other night.

The rest of the finds, brownies a couple of old car pieces and two buttons....Surprising to find the Police Force Victoria button only a metre from the Gun.

1496218942_finds.jpg

I have it soaking in Salt and Vinegar just to clean it up a bit better....

1496218964_texan_2.jpg

It's a little corroded but I'll take it. :)

1496219003_texan.jpg

1496219099_button.jpg

1496219145_copper.jpg

1496219160_police_button.jpg

I am so enjoying my digs at the moment.

Cheers - Good luck and Happy detecting...GDA

Oh does that mean I am a Super Gun Detectorist now? Or just a Double? lol

The last two nights digs had very little surprises, a bit of the old mixed in with the new, the new being Goldies....

Tuesday night I revisited an old spot and nothing much showed up, a few bullet casings and some coinage...
Tonight I went back down to the sweet spot, it was a good night and I spent an hour talking to Michael and one of the locals Peter who also stops to chat with Michael.
No Silvers but I did manage a Penny 1951 and a Com half penny 1936, I'd have to say the find of the night was a Copper print, it's in bad shape and the rust on the backing has seeped through in some spots to the front, I will do the best I can to remove all of the rusted backing without damaging the copper which is (Fragile - No Touching).

1496246174_finds.jpg

The whole thing was black and so I scrubbed it after soaking it in Vinegar/Salt/Baking Soda....
I like the look of the rust on it which really shows it's true splendour.

1496246197_copper_print.jpg

Tuesday nights dig.. :)

1496246787_finds.jpg

Knock off the turps gda ( :lol: ) Nah, only joking. :p
Might need a crystal ball clear daylight photo to see what you can see ,... at least you know what the house looked like at that spot now ! :Y: Bonza copper find though hey, musta been a decent signal going off ! :D ?
Anything on the Maltese Cross ?
Interesting little hunt mate !
:Y: :D :Y:

silver said:
Knock off the turps gda ( :lol: ) Nah, only joking. :p
Might need a crystal ball clear daylight photo to see what you can see ,... at least you know what the house looked like at that spot now ! :Y: Bonza copper find though hey, musta been a decent signal going off ! :D ?
Anything on the Maltese Cross ?
Interesting little hunt mate !
:Y: :D :Y:

Don't know what that Maltese Cross is from, no markings, no anything, when I pulled it out of the Ground I thought it may have been a Medal.
The signal for the Copper was OL OL OL so I lifted it about 1 foot from the ground and it beeped like crazy.

Cheers mate. :) :Y:

Latest posts