Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got back out for a late night swing after cooking dinner for the wife and kids....
No pennies or silvers but I did manage to pull out some spendable coins and more bbs....The surprise find was the Silver Ring with
another Topaz..... Oh well it's officially spring so hoping the weather fines up fast so I can get out for more digs.

1535901835_wp_20180903_001.jpg

1535901871_wp_20180902_007.jpg

1535901895_wp_20180903_003.jpg

Happy detecting all....
Cheers GDA :) :Y:

Pardon this question Golddiggerart, what are some of the reasons you detect at night? I like to be tucked up inside by dark. I'm not being a smartass, I'm curious.

silver said:
Difficult job to keep the tears at bay and have everybody happy n smiling all the time when life holds so many demands, can only share yourself fairly by taking less and giving more, still all good as long as all the variables balance well ,..... it's what we do hey ! ;) ;) :D

i`m still waiting, i started with nothing and ive still got a little left :cool:

It will be nice when the traffic picks up and you get a bit more reward for your efforts Art. :D But you still manage to find the goodies regardless. nice couple of hunts mate. :fistpump: I seem to be missing some of the posts for some reason. i stay logged in so i get new posts but sometimes i go back and see posts that slipped me by :argh: so sorry to all if i miss your finds it's not intentional. :Y:

Secret Squirrels said:
It will be nice when the traffic picks up and you get a bit more reward for your efforts Art. :D But you still manage to find the goodies regardless. nice couple of hunts mate. :fistpump: I seem to be missing some of the posts for some reason. i stay logged in so i get new posts but sometimes i go back and see posts that slipped me by :argh: so sorry to all if i miss your finds it's not intentional. :Y:

I miss quite a few posts until I click on the actual Threads but soon catch up with everyone's digs mate....It's all good. :) One thing I do now is
stay out until I at least get something good, other times it takes till the end of the dig.
As long as I get a coin I am happy. :) :Y:

GreenRiver said:
Pardon this question Golddiggerart, what are some of the reasons you detect at night? I like to be tucked up inside by dark. I'm not being a smartass, I'm curious.

By nature I am a night owl and always have been so being out in the dark is my daylight. Other times it's because it's the only time I can go out for a detect, it's like a meditation for me as well so the quiet mixed in with the beep helps me to clear any thoughts when I am in a bad mood which is very rarely these days.
There's also no one to stop for a chat, I don't mind chatting now and again but getting asked the same questions over and over again gets a bit to repetitive and my answers are all rehearsed so I can move on faster. :) :Y:

Dave79 said:
Gotta be happy with that one! Only 3 more months and spring might make its way down to Tassie!

Very happy mate and yes silvers are pretty elusive here at the moment. :) :Y:

Silver said:
That's a splendid result mate... still a silver tick on the scoreboard ! big_smile
power cool thumbsup

Yes mate another tick for me, lots of trash in the area but the 505 seems to handle it well enough, it's always been my favourite detector. :)

Heatho said:
Couple of good hunts there, that topaz ring is nice too, you're a magnet for the stuff mate. smile

Yeah it's been very enjoyable lately for me, hustle of bustle of family life and all. 2 Topaz within a week. :)

spoon said:
silver said:
Difficult job to keep the tears at bay and have everybody happy n smiling all the time when life holds so many demands, can only share yourself fairly by taking less and giving more, still all good as long as all the variables balance well ,..... it's what we do hey ! ;) ;) :D

i`m still waiting, i started with nothing and ive still got a little left :cool:

I was just re-reading a few of my posts early hours of the morning and went through this post as well and then it shows up again. :)
I remember that night well. :Y:

golddiggerart said:
GreenRiver said:

By nature I am a night owl and always have been so being out in the dark is my daylight. Other times it's because it's the only time I can go out for a detect, it's like a meditation for me as well so the quiet mixed in with the beep helps me to clear any thoughts when I am in a bad mood which is very rarely these days.
There's also no one to stop for a chat, I don't mind chatting now and again but getting asked the same questions over and over again gets a bit to repetitive and my answers are all rehearsed so I can move on faster. :) :Y:

I think we have something in common, I also love night detecting, really allows you to concentrate on your tones without any outside distractions - quite a relaxing time to be out and about. Sweet little ring too, has been ages since I last pulled up any type of ring. :Y:

Well I got out a few times this week with the nice weather we've been having.
Goldie park is still producing even though it's slim pickings, someone teared up the turf with motorbikes the little shits.
Had a full 5 and a half hours today with Dan Detector off facebook whom I've met before only briefly, he absolutely killed it with the CTX and I
managed to get $5.12 but myself and Kiara enjoyed the day, it wasn't until we were nearly finished that I decided to check the ground balance...OOPS
It wasn't even tuned in....That's the difference between the 505 and 705 one has manual balancing the other auto....I will remember to check every time I go out,
I was wondering why targets that are usually solid were a little jumpy making me second think whether to dig it or not.
Anyway my finds for the week, nothing spectacular but I am happy with my finds.

Goldie park finds...

1536420272_wp_20180907_011.jpg

1536420300_wp_20180907_015.jpg

Weekly finds...

1536420424_wp_20180908_026.jpg

Met this young fulla Dane walking around with a 7 - 8 foot Carpet Python named Marley...

1536420532_wp_20180908_019.jpg

Until next time, happy detecting all... :)

Cheers GDA :D :Y:

Latest posts