Golddiggerart - Detector finds...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silver said:
Nice one mate.... how many would have just thrown that back in.... again and again and again ! :Y: :gemstone:

Yeah it was just on dusk when I found it and never had my head lamp on so I put it on my pocket thinking it was going to be a penny or florin. :) ;)

Rattail-1927 said:
golddiggerart said:
Rattail-1927 said:
Any idea What the stones are ?

They look to be Garnets mate... :)
Im not a jewellery person but I assume that the older the jewellery the better the chance the stones are real ? :lol:

Yes if it were Gold, in all of the copper pieces I have found they have all been semi precious stones.
Metal detecting opened me up to a whole new world to learn something new and spotting fake and real has become quite an art for me now.
Not saying I am an expert but after researching time and time again you get a good feel for things. :)

Got out for a dig last night to a spot Kiara and I visited on Friday afternoon, I had found 2 pennies so it looked like a good spot to try again.
5 Minutes into the dig I get a nice 42 - 45 signal on the Xterra 505 and it usually means copper/silver or other metal...
Dug up a Starters Pistol which is pretty much shot now but will need to take it to the cop shop to see if I can keep it.

1535785379_wp_20180831_005.jpg

1535785397_wp_20180831_008.jpg

1535785415_wp_20180831_007.jpg

I know I could just keep it but better to take it in then end up raided for it and then facing court and a fine.

1535785476_untitled.jpg

I'll update the rest of my finds tomorrow night.... :)

All the best and happy detecting.
Cheers GDA :) :Y:

That's probably about as close as you are going to get to detecting a real gun, pretty cool. Good luck with being allowed to keep it, I reckon purely based on looks that it will probably be a "no", we'll see I guess. :Y:

Goldpick said:
That's probably about as close as you are going to get to detecting a real gun, pretty cool. Good luck with being allowed to keep it, I reckon purely based on looks that it will probably be a "no", we'll see I guess. :Y:

Well I can only give it a "SHOT" mate, I can always ask them to contact the Chief Commissioner considering it is pretty "Banged" up...lol

SO my finds for the week, I would like to have gotten out more but I have been too busy with home life.
The other night when I got out and found the pistol my wife sent me a txt message saying please bring home McDonalds....
Ahhhhh I was like seriously? And she said yes the babies asked..SO even when I am out I get interrupted, oh well no worries,
always another day for a dig.
One thing missing is the Silvers, there's gotta be some around this spot somewhere, lucky for me it's 3 minutes drive around the corner.

1535866774_wp_20180902_002.jpg

1535866864_wp_20180902_004.jpg

1535866883_wp_20180902_005.jpg

1535866904_wp_20180902_003.jpg

Until next time happy detecting all...

Cheers GDA :Y: :)

Those silvers are doing a good job of hiding from me lately too. They're there and we will hunt them down! Great other finds. I never knew that there was such a thing as a divot tool until today.