Get the gensets ready S.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just about finished charging all of my torches and batteries. The Honda 2kVA is prepped ready to go.

If all else fails, I have the caravan and a spare 1kVA.

When we had the entire state blackout last year, my wife went to bed early. I went out to the caravan, it was cold, so on with the diesel heater. Bored, no problem, I put the TV on, it's on battery.

As I sat there watching TV, I couldn't help but think, that as we subsequently found out, one of our main hospitals backup generators failed, so did their backup to the backup. But all of the bloody TV stations were transmitting on emergency power.

The moral here is, if your sick or injured, don't call 000, phone Channel 10 or ilk :)

BigWave said:
Don't worry, VIC will supply you - change of plans - Hazlewood is shutting down - maybe you're on your own - sorry.

So this Carbon friendly economy and real action on Climate change is resulting in VERY UNRELIABLE & EXPENSIVE POWER & ENERGY COSTS.
The East Coast of Australia is set for rapidly rising Natural Gas prices in coming years as the Bass Strait Oil and Gas field is almost depleted and
significant opposition is halting exploration and development of alternative sources for Natural & coal seam gas.

Many articles in the media saying what is left of our energy intesive industries are contemplating shutting down and leaving the country? :(
Already significant social problems with unemployment and poverty as economy grinds to a halt.

Wishfull said:
Norvic said:
No way SA has all those lovely efficient hyped up alternative energy fans........................
You mean the ones that shut down in a storm ?

Bit of tongue in cheek stuff from this old fella, tis a disease the world has. You know the skies falling down so we`ve gotta get rid of all the dirty power we use (coal, fossil fuels etc) and go for the alternative stuff that is crippling our economy etc etc. QLDs getting behind it too, new alternative stuff coming on line out with the coal which was cheap and reliable but too dirty for this new enlightened age.

The day will come for alternative energy but unfortunately not yet, it`s just not up to speed as yet so rather than sort it out now we`ll bring the dark ages back then sort it out. Biggest can of worms of this century.

Well this morning its raining which is a nice change from the heat. The wind is supposed to pick up to 90 kph this morning. If the power goes out today I won't be able to do much at work, bugger ;)
Got our power bill a few dsys ago, we used less power but our bill went up by $100 ! in a month. It's getting ridiculously expensive. Makes you feel like going off out bush perminantly.

No I havent mate. Might have to give that a go. Damn rouges the lot of them.

Hows this, after the last storm we had lots of trees go down and the council did nothing about clearing the gutters in the streets now we have this heavy rain and the gutters are flooding all ready. It could be an interesting day. It's bucketing down.

Wishfull said:
Crikey another storm about to his us...aprox.30 minutes time

Bugger me, batten down the hatches mate cause it looks like it is growing in intensity.

Yep it's coming straight at us I didn't run over any cats honest ! Seriously it's 36 degrees atm and hardly a breeze, just heard a crack of thunder. Sky is as dark as a goats guts. So humid it's like Davent country...N.T. BOM doesn't look good on radar. Just hope we get rain before thw lighting to wet things down
Thunder is quite regular. Not a good sign.

I will check in later.

Btw will have weekends free soon so the sdc can come of the leash.

Don't worry about the storm Wishfull it'll either happen or it won't mother nature does these things.

Regarding the SDC coming of the leash check everything that needs to be checked, all boxes ticked now grab a beer and check out where you going

Good luck

Latest posts