Hi all. Newby question

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi to all and it's great to join a forum with so many like minded people. I'm from Brisbane and have purchased an ATX pro deep seeker kit. I'm still learning a lot about it and just having fun at the local beaches getting used to how it works. Yesterday I found $5 in coin and a nice silver ring that the wife thought was great. I try to read as much as I can about what to look for as far as gold bearing ground is concerned. I have come across a creek that seems to me to have the right signs so I thought I would run it past some of you more experienced guys(and gals). My area is not known for it gold producing. The creek I found after walking along it a fare way I found has a bedrock base with quartz veins running through it intermitantly. Very smooth bedrock and the sands in the creek have lots of black sand. Now you all know that I'm going to go panning there and take my detector if I find any colour. Just looking for your thoughts as to weather you think I'm waiting my time. I've not read of gold being found within 50 km of this site but it seems to my limited knowledge that the right conditions exist at this location.
Good luck to you all.

Great to see you are enjoying the hobby. Great fun. As for finding gold you may have just found a nice creek which may or may not have gold.
You could provide the location so we can see and let you know :)

I would give it a go as long as you are allowed and not disturb the bank.

Good luck

Gday Inca and welcome to the forum, remember if you do find anything in some new area " loose lips sink ships" that this is a public forum, n someone (from outside of course, ha) will cut your grass while your looking with your eyes wide open !
Good luck on the hunt. ;) :D

Latest posts