New Highbanker Ideas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFossickingKid

Angus Madden
Reaction score
Hi all, I took my Highbanker out for its first run on Christmas Day and it went well. Im now planning on something a little smaller but im not planning to go for another Wal styled Highbanker but I would like the sluice to be at most a meter long and only 20cm wide. I'm just wanting to get some ideas from some of the members on what there highbankers look like. Cheers :)

Wow, was just looking 8) and some are seriously small hey !
1483848849_2017-01-08-13-53-44-271508456.jpg

and talk about compact design. :eek: :p
1483848906_images-2.jpg

Mackka said:
Get outta here, would that work Silver?
Mackka

anything can work if you feed it slow enough .

feed them with a trowel and wait until the riffles clear before the next trowel full ..... yes it will catch gold but everyone has different ideas.

some people like to smash 8 or 10 cubic meters a day through a highbanker and some are happy to just have a splash in the water and play with their garden trowel.

Those little ones above could be great for a person who wants to trek 30 km into the bush and dont want to carry an " average sized " unit , provided you dont mind carrying a battery for the bilge pump or taking a small two stroke pump instead.

My Jemba Banker is not much bigger than the one above and
It will keep up to shoveling quite easy.
It does not have riffles and that is all I am going to say. :D :cool:
It all depends on how you design them.
It cost me about $100.00 to make.

No Mate,
It is a design by a Mate of mine and I was quite shocked on how well it worked.

MikeB05 said:
Tathradj..does the jemba banker have plans???

Mackka said:
Get outta here, would that work Silver?
Mackka
Well Makka, the lads have answered that one for ya, I just found the photos and thought it must work ok. :D

Latest posts