Materials for dryblower

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day Aus, I'm using curtain material. It's the sun blockout type that has a kind of rubber coating on one side, it's very lightweight. Dunno how durable it will be but there is plenty of it in the garage, just fold the edge over a few times and staplegun it.
Ideally a aluminium frame would be better than my wooden one though.

the links homo mate, i get a utube pop up over the video asking for credit card details to verify who i am lol .. Im tipping its my browser but, stupid thing wont let me up the screenshot of it.

Can u embed it in your post ? All i see is a black square :(

edit:/ fixed ma browser ..

Yeh flow down the riffle trays a problem ay. The centre looks like its clearing ok, i can see its trapping the heavier crap in your pay as well.
I'd try for a bit more angle on the riffle box mate, it shouldnt be sitting like that on the top and bottom.

That's looking the part now mate, if anything maybe a bit to much ommph. Can u turn the motor down.?

Get a full hopper of dirt loaded, spray a few bits of lead or ironstone in paint and throw em in, she if she's catching Them.

Ohhhh jeeeeez phuk me! now too much oomph?
Yeah I can turn it down, I have a speed controller.
Thanks for the feedback mate!
I'll spraypaint some lead and run it through.
Reckon I'll give her a run up your way on Sunday, pity your foot is knackered, I could do with the coaching.

I haven't panned the tray contents out yet, but that crap I'm running is all cons from beechworth that's full of black sand.
I'll pan the waste and what's in the tray.

Lol .. the speed might be right mate, just see what it's catching and loosing an dial her in from there

The tray looks like it was clearing decent in that last video mate.

Yeh, stupid ****** foot, getting out woulda been sweet, doing Ma head in laying on the couch all freakin day

Thats looking a hell of a lot better now.
How does it go with the black sands in the cons?
Run the lead trick first.
Even do some shavings and pan that out.
If it get that it will do ok

if you want to test really fine catch rates run some lead over some sand paper and pour the resulting fines into your test material

XIV said:
Thats looking a hell of a lot better now.
How does it go with the black sands in the cons?
Run the lead trick first.
Even do some shavings and pan that out.
If it get that it will do ok
Thanks mate, I'll do that today.
Be great to try it on that dry spot you were talking about, I'm free Sunday.

I'm home today with the kids.
Will let you know when the wife gets home this afternoon.
But don't think that we have anything planned

Mate the last video looked good maybe just a degree or 2 too much angle, try about 22 degrees for the riffle tray, you're preety close to getting in sweet.
cheers
Lee

Thats not good bud.
Hope it's not because of the gold fever.
Sometimes it's hard to find the balance between home life and the fever :p

Nah that bad temper was there long before prospecting.
I'd take the little fella, but it would be too hard watching him and prospecting at the same time.

Latest posts