Materials for dryblower

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Panner :D
Thats looking a lot better :Y:
I was just waiting for it to wack you on the hand in the video :eek:
You mentioned the riffle height @ about 30mm .... On the Keene they are 15mm and a little more back angle :)
IMO you have done a bloody good JOB so far :Y: :Y: And to stick with it after the trial any error .

dam it said:
Hey Panner :D
Thats looking a lot better :Y:
I was just waiting for it to wack you on the hand in the video :eek:
You mentioned the riffle height @ about 30mm .... On the Keene they are 15mm and a little more back angle :)
IMO you have done a bloody good JOB so far :Y: :Y: And to stick with it after the trial any error .

Thanks mate, I'll work on a new set of riffles.

Great link gold, thinking I may use this even though I cannot use in Qld. Be a nice build regardless. Hoping laws change one day...maybe by the time I retire! Lol :Y: :Y: :D

Dirt Monster said:
Great link gold, thinking I may use this even though I cannot use in Qld. Be a nice build regardless. Hoping laws change one day...maybe by the time I retire! Lol :Y: :Y: :D
But you can use a hand crank one and do it that way

XIV said:
Dirt Monster said:

Ive seen a few hand cracnked ones, with a crank setup off a bike and a lever/rope action. They look painfully slow.! May as well just classify and pan

It's pretty bloody silly how you step over a border and you can't use a trommel or a power dry blower.
Glad I'm a Vic!
Anyway I got some 20x12 angle aluminium Like Ballarat Gold used on his, just need to tap it into shape and make up a frame for the riffles.

That motor concerned me a bit as it's a 350 watt unit @24v.
It's been running in the test off 12v with a speed controller, at full power it's pulling only 3.6 amps, which is 1/5th of what my bilge pump uses.
So it really should run all day on 2 x 33ah batteries without drawing them down hard.

XIV said:
Dirt Monster said:
Hand crank eh?? Hmmm .....pondering....I see that it is not mechanical but the dry blower still would be wouldn't it?? Just thought with the billow action etc. Does anyone know that if mechanical can be used on private land in Qld? ( sadly do not know anyone in the Rocky area anyway ) . Just like to have a little knowledge. Anyone from Rocky out there??? ( echo, echo, echo ) lol. :p

Hey Dirt, just call your state mine dept, I'd be surprised if a hand operated blower wasn't legal, might be a pain gearing it up with belts though.

From what I see is that they like a constant feed to keep the blower riffle board happy. Without enough even continuous dirt the thing doesn't work.
So that leads to another question, when it does run out of dirt, and you start feeding up again, do they have a tendency to blow out gold like the same scenario in an alluvial water setup?
IE should you remove the tray and tip it into a bucket when you run out of paydirt? Or just start up again without a worry at all?

Dirt Monster said:
XIV said:
Dirt Monster said:
Hand crank eh?? Hmmm .....pondering....I see that it is not mechanical but the dry blower still would be wouldn't it?? Just thought with the billow action etc. Does anyone know that if mechanical can be used on private land in Qld? ( sadly do not know anyone in the Rocky area anyway ) . Just like to have a little knowledge. Anyone from Rocky out there??? ( echo, echo, echo ) lol. :p
I was in Cairns for 2 years.
It is perfectly legal, same as using a rocker box

Sounds like a mission to except there XIV!! Now where did I put those plans for the rocker box. Can never have too many varieties. :D

It needs a consistent feed.
And that material needs to be classified down.
Also looks like it needs to be a bit steeper.
Those bigger rocks are holding it up.
Other than that its looking good

Latest posts