4 hours 8 buckets is it worth it?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iv done a quick drawing.(should of got a few photos) of a Arial shot of the creek I'm working on.

1483582611_drawing.jpg

the bed rock runs north to south with the flow of the river except the area I'm working at. now I have got down to the bed rock but haven't cleaned it spot on yet, however the bed rock goes into the bank should I work the bank a bit?? only reason I didn't think it would of been worth it is because look north above the bank where the old timers have worked before and its on the out side just before a bend, doesn't mean it was on the out side 100s years ago but. in my head the river would of ran in line with the bed rock not across it..
however I have taken a little off the bank 2 pans full and got peace's in one pan and 1 in the other.

think its worth following the bed rock into the bank???

Do not dig into the bank,it looks bad,gives the greenies amo.I had a comment give to me that at the no 2 picnic ground that the sluicers had made a hell of a mess,that was in the spring,since then there has been floods,damage will be just the excuse to close the creek.
You best shot is spend a day testing,you will find that the gold is uneven in creeks and rivers.I have found that in some sections of the creek or river,you will not get a color and then the gold will suddenly appear.

Here's a discussion on it which might help:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5767

The diggings in your sketch indicate the miners were probably after old wash as the creek moved between the boundaries of the higher ground. But we're constrained by the regulations and the banks are still being processed in flood and gold deposited in the creek.

Jon

Mate, if you are having fun out in the creek I would say it is worth it. I usually average about 0.1g for a few hours work but every now and then I get lucky. My best so far was 2.5g in four hours panning and carrying buckets 100m to a pool of water. If I am just getting flakes I move around until I get chunkier bits.

.64 of a gram dried weight of whats in the photos. keen to get down to the bed rock cracks and work it for a few hours to see if there's any thing better down there.

thedigger said:
Do not dig into the bank,it looks bad,gives the greenies amo.I had a comment give to me that at the no 2 picnic ground that the sluicers had made a hell of a mess,that was in the spring,since then there has been floods,damage will be just the excuse to close the creek.
You best shot is spend a day testing,you will find that the gold is uneven in creeks and rivers.I have found that in some sections of the creek or river,you will not get a color and then the gold will suddenly appear.

Good advice.

Latest posts