lil feed back

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hey I'm just after a lil help on what you think would be more effective.
I'm about to start digging and just trying to figure out what would work better .
the idea is elevator shifting earth on to plank run and then run over with detectors.
or elevator into a wash ?

Sounds like your talking excavator loads of dirt being moved? :eek: 8) :)
If it's going through a wash plant there's really no point detecting but maybe using the detector to pick the digging spot

the dams on the property are a bit dry already i was thinking if i made a run that i could run metal detectors across maybe only half foot deep it might also be effective.

Only if the gold was big n chunky, be double handling dirt too, n that's heavy stuff man.
Id'a thought washing it will get it all for you anyway.
But,
I'm only a humble treasure hunter though, there's them that know for sure on here that will surely step in and steer you right, just give em all the info on what your planning and how big the dream is. ;)

i was thinking that once it came off the dry run, run would empty into back of a tipper ute, transport to front of block.
just a little sick of digging trenches with only tiny targets.
i think can mock a set up for around 6k and move around 6-8 ton a day
if i use a wash I'm left with slag which i have to let dry before moving with the loader.
only worry is using detector i might miss small targets .?

conji said:
hey I'm just after a lil help on what you think would be more effective.
I'm about to start digging and just trying to figure out what would work better .
the idea is elevator shifting earth on to plank run and then run over with detectors.
or elevator into a wash ?

You need to get permission to dig even if it's on your property.
Speak to the mines department.
Too many cowboys are ruining it for the prospecting community.

all good, trenches we have dug start at front of dam and cut across face of the hill on my property,
this whole project started as a water trench until we found a bit of gold now we are killing 2 birds with the one stone.
ill give them a buzz, they might be able to give me some good feed back. cheersD4G

If you're digging dams and detecting the dirt removed then that may be legal but any mechanical processing or mechanical digging for minerals without the proper mining license is highly illegal, even if it's on your own property.

it will be interesting in what they say. i think i should be ok because the trenches are being dug regardless, i might not be able to use the belt elevator.
i can see them telling me to remove the earth to a seperate location and then wash manually.
lol i will see what they say on tuesday.

does any one here know what depth of a trench can be before a licence is needed?

I'm guessing it will be around 4-6 foot.

Conji I think you will find the depth is closer to 1.5 metres.
Check with Work Cover or Safe Cover or its equivalent for the state your in.
The Local council should also have guidelines and list of requirements that have to be met.

Heatho said:
If you're digging dams and detecting the dirt removed then that may be legal but any mechanical processing or mechanical digging for minerals without the proper mining license is highly illegal, even if it's on your own property.

Conji, you asked for help so please take note of what several have commented on here, you must have the appropriate licence for the nature/type of work that you plan, before you get into it. If you ask and they so no, you will likely cop a big fine and make the rest of us who do the right thing look bad.

Rob P.

PabloP said:
Heatho said:

Conji, you asked for help so please take note of what several have commented on here, you must have the appropriate licence for the nature/type of work that you plan, before you get into it. If you ask and they so no, you will likely cop a big fine and make the rest of us who do the right thing look bad.

Rob P.

Yes do your research and get all the appropriate licences. The biggest issue maybe the rejuvination compliance.

I'm going to contact them tomorrow, and see what say. I'm deepening and widening dam 3 on block today. ill just leave spoil till i hear from them, ill let you know the result when i speak to them.

cheers conji

Latest posts