Merry Christmas from Cairns

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy all!

Richard here. About 20 years ago I bought a pan went panning (unsuccessfully) somewhere around Gympie. 2 weeks ago I bought a Minelab Xterra 705. It came in a kit with two different coils. My son and I have found 35 cents and a spark plug. So now that I'm convinced it works, these holidays, the little bloke and I are going prospecting/fossicking/detecting/panning. We'll start up Goldsborough way and perhaps around Edmonton. Anyways that's what I'm up to and I figured I could use all the help I can get. If I find gold I'll be pretty stoked, but I'm really keen to get out there with lad and have a bit of fun. He's a bit of a rock hound so I reckon he'll remain interested long enough to find some colour. Hopefully this works because he doesn't like fishing. (Dammit!) Merrry Christmas everyone! Richard & Coen

Gday, Merry Christmas and welcome to the forum fellas, good luck on the hunting up there, hope you do well ! :D

Hi Rich Fish I have just moved to Cairns and love detecting would be keen to catch up for a chat . My partner and I love the camping and the bush that goes with the prospecting would be great to hear from you cheers Lozza

Hey richard. I live on the southside. Happy to catch up and do some exploring around here if you are keen.

Latest posts