Newbie wanting to get his hands wet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah these have synesthetic run in lube that is priced more than gold :D
1482499119_2003-ferrari-enzo-26_600x0w.jpg

Simple engines run in on mineral oil, hi-po engines with special work is a different story but then some will need mineral run in too :lol: :lol: :lol:

A mitsubishi evo is kinda in a lower price tag to those :)

And regarding Full synthetic oils engine oils, if you look deep enough 95% are all still based off mineral oil. Just different additives added.

Im not a mobil fan but from my research mobile 1 is the only true syn oil

Really, they were examples that looked cool, evo WRChampionship car? you may misunderstand this but you don't eat rats and Ethiopians don't eat lobster :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Suppos you could call it a pump in a way :lol: :lol: :lol:
1482500345_mitsubishilancerevowrc04insidesthum.jpg

due to the fact it's forced induced yes it does have syn oil :eek:
I wouldn't even clean my pennys in mobil 1

Finally got around to doing a clean up after oallen and I must say the results were pretty disappointing.

Had a go on the edge of the rocky parts with less than half a gram total.

Big thanks to Mr Marksman for coming out and saying hello and giving us a few pointers aswell as showing us his pimped out turtle.

We are going to do a 2 day trip soon and was thinking of trying oallen again and then in to Mogo. Does anyone know of a place around Mogo where a sluice can be setup comfortably without upsetting anyone and hopefully produce a better result?

Sorry about the poor results maybe better next time
I am going out again tomorrow going to brush out all them holes and crevises that are there the reason is that from the look of them they only touched the surface still a lot of dirt in them so my thinking is they left all the good stuff behind i will let you know
Liked your set up well done that pump is the best
Tarthradj is the one i hope can help you around the mogo area he knows that area like the hairs on the back of his hand
You have all my numbers if you need anything just call

Mogo if it has not rained for a few days is a bit of a tough one to crack with a sluice.
Mogo Creek would be about the only water source there and it has had the day lights
flogged out of it including dredging.
If you fight your way into some secluded part of the creek, You may be lucky.
Or, work a lead in Gully beside the Creek with your banker.
One other tip is instead of working the inland side of the Highway, Go the other side.

Just to let you know, I tried walking into mogo creek on the western side of the highway a couple of weeks ago. No real access from the creek entrance, it was swampy and scrubby. The creek was not running.

I think you'd have to go up the road that runs alongside the creek and walk in from somewhere along there.

Or I would probably just follow Tathra's advice...

Ok. So looks like that might be a no go.

Last time I was down there I was following a gps point for an old shaft through the state forest. Was a few kilometres in when the Gps told me to turn into Pistol Shot Rd and go through a really narrow track and back down into a valley. As soon as my Mrs heard the name of the road being spoken out on the GPS she made me turn back and didn't want to go in any further.... Lol.

Has anyone been down there and looked around?

This time I'm going with the boys and we'll be camping a couple nights so anywhere from oallen to Canberra or even as far south as the border will be ok for us to travel and have a go.

Even willing to go West out to Hill end. There's some nice camping sites and 4wding tracks also along that route.

Any suggestions?

Just a tip mate, if you run with the carpet supplied, it can hold a bloody hell astonishing amount of gold, even big flakes!!!
So beat the living hell out of it in a really big tub with a solid block/rod of metal etc, you'll be surprised what comes out.

Thanks mate. I'll give that a go tomorrow and see what happens. I've got that grey bunnings mat I'm going to replace it with me thinks.

Ill be keeping an eye on this thread as well,

Is Oallen Ford busy around this time of year guys?

I'm planning to head down tomorrow, With family. hoping to have a bit of fun. First outing so hoping the family enjoys it. looks like alot of space so should be easy to keep the occupied.

well be taking pans and a bucket classifier so will be interesting.
Will update how we get on.

Be interested to hear how you get on Boulders.
From every thing Im reading sounding like Ill have to visit again with a High Banker at some stage.

hi hyperscott
oallen is very busy at least it has been this week was there today and a lot of people enjoying the day out
good swimming down stream from the bridge 300m depending on how good the little ones can swim you can drive there 4x4 no worries a car can do it if not to low but i would not do it
up stream from the bridge 100 - 200m is also good but lots of people use that area

Boulders
how did you go with that matt i haven't fitted mine that you gave me yet might be sly and wait till i see your report lol

Hi 7.62marksman,

Ill be there tomorrow at this stage for sure, my parents are going to head out as well. Kids can swim ok, will jump in with them if it gets to warm :).

mainly want to give a hand at panning with them so will see if we can find some space to join in.

Running in a Rav4 so height shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for the heads up. when you say a lot of people most there fossicking or just enjoying the water way do you know?

Thanks

Nice thanks, Looking forward to it to be honest will be first time there and likely last time for a few months at least.

Hopefully we don't ask any one too many questions :)

will need to try and find some places closer to the Central coast.

I'm the same way, questions are the fastest and best way to learn in my experience and best way to make new friends.

Answering questions is also a great way to learn when I can.

Latest posts