My first button

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my first button find. I am still researching to find out what/who/where/why and how it come to be in the gold fields.

1481767354_dsc07251.jpg

1481767376_20161215_122500.jpg

Looks like an old man sitting at the kitchen table. There is a scroll and maybe a stove???

It still needs more cleaning.

Matt

Thats a pretty cool button looking! To me he seems like a cartographer or writer, but the expression and hat dont mix well with either. Great find though mate, cant wait to see what it turns out to be

Good stuff Marauder! I just spent a fair whack of time punching keywords but no luck.
To me I think it may have come off a mr punch doll itself, or off a p&j performers outfit possibly/ the stagemaster? Awesome find looking

looking said:
Hi all,

Just wanted to share my first button find. I am still researching to find out what/who/where/why and how it come to be in the gold fields.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6589/1481767354_dsc07251.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6589/1481767376_20161215_122500.jpg

Looks like an old man sitting at the kitchen table. There is a scroll and maybe a stove???

It still needs more cleaning.

Matt
Its Pupa Smurf on a slay..lol...Nice find :D

Thanks everyone for info and yes I would agree that its Punch from Punch & Judy.

I have cleaned the button over night and most of today. What I can make out, the words on the words stamped on the back are, "EXTRA - SUPERFINE"

Google told/showed me they made lots of different buttons over the years and some under the words, "EXTRA - QUALITY" but no luck in find one the same.

The hunt continues.

Wow thats pretty cool. 8)

What are the dimensions of the button please, it seems like it is a very large one about mm in diameter judging from that scale in the second pic?

Could be a clue as to where it came from.

Latest posts