Camp toilet and shower on cattle station forsayth

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was thinking of camping on either Long Gully or Dells Hole in Forsayth QLD, next winter for around 1 month.

As there are no amenities:

1. What type of toilet do you need. Hole in the ground or take away waste ?

2. Portable shower. Can you get water for shower on either of these stations or do you need to bring water ?

Hi LuckyPhil,

I camped on dells hole earlier this year.

A hole in the ground for your toilet is all you'll need and they have bores on their property that you can fill up jerry cans or water tanks to use as showers, some even suitable for drinking, the station owner will give you a map when you arrive and they will tell you where you can and can't go (there is a big mining lease on their property occupying on of the creeks, i was fortunate enough to meet the fella running the lease, nice lad but don't detect on his lease) and they have all the locations of the bores on the map they will tell you where the best bores are that you can collect water from.

Lot of land to cover at dells hole allow a good hour to hour and a half to get to where you can detect (tracks were rough and not maintained when i was there (top speed was around 8ks an hour) and dont expect to have lunch at camp so maybe pack a sandwich and some beers, goodluck mate.

Hope this helps

M3

Hi Phil
Western Creek is your best spot if you want shower and out back toilet, nothing at Dells Hole or Long Gully you need to be set up in a pretty good way, although Long gully is only 15 minute drive to Forsayth and for a fee I believe you can have a shower and wash cloths at caravan park, you would be able to get drinking water also , Dells Hole and Western Creek are a fair drive back to town, if road is good 35 minutes or more.

It just depends on your set up, we head up the end of May for a few weeks, we stay at the caravan park for the first couple of weeks then head of to free camp at one of the stations for the next couple of weeks.

Im pretty sure on the site some where, there is a lot of information RC is pretty clued in on the area up that way.

K=M

LuckyPhil said:
Was thinking of camping on either Long Gully or Dells Hole in Forsayth QLD, next winter for around 1 month.

As there are no amenities:

1. What type of toilet do you need. Hole in the ground or take away waste ?

2. Portable shower. Can you get water for shower on either of these stations or do you need to bring water ?

A little busy ATM
Will get back to this over the weekend.
From memory you have a teenage daughter? maybe give us a run down on your set up & we can help a little more.

cheers
Lee

Phil plenty of bore water at Long Gully. Take plenty of drinking water and I mean plenty as you will go thru it. You can buy water at Forsayth but understandably due to freight costs is pretty pricey .................. great butcher at George Town (Remember to shut gates around bore after getting water as cows chew everything :/ )
Most bores are solar so collect water during daylight :rolleyes: Don't take anything you don't want to get dusty :D
Check times wishing to be there as not sure on others but Long Gully shuts down to general public when super hot and also usually if mustering cattle.
Super friendly environment and you will have a ball .................... enjoy and good luck ;) May even catch you there around that time. ;)

Not much of a setup, just the basics:

4WD
tent
Tarp
3x20L water
Butane stove
50L Fridge/freezer
Small table
Camp chair
Detector
Pick

The daughter would not be on this trip.