Coiltek Elites ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbasko said:
Ridge Runner said:
Minelab Gold said:
Thanks Dig'n-it,

I only use the 14" DD Pro on the 3500 - but was looking to add to my arsenal and adding the 14" Coiltek Elite Mono (Camo)

Coiltek DD Pro Version (Orange/Brown Color)I have used in all of my detecting days - gold found from 0.15g upwards - punching at great depths for all sizes.

Ridge Runner - as for the version of White/Cream - not sure on the difference you may just need to speak with Coiltek Gold Centre Maryborough - or the likes of a good metal detecting supply accessory shop and query them on what is the difference between the Goldstalkers and the Elite Range. Just from a quick review just now it appears the Mono Elites are New Config - Litz Wire

http://www.marybroughgoldcentre.com...coils/products/coiltek-14-pro-elite-mono-coil

Be good to run a test on the Coiltek Range - DD Pro vs Goldstalker vs Elite

After seeing excellent reviews and also on a recent group day we held, Dig'n-it kindly provided his test results with his 11" Mono Elite Camo and Outlaw also provided his test results with his 14" Mono Elite Camo - both were excellent on the day.

All the best and I will be surely getting the Elite 14" Mono Elite soon.

Well you say there is an Orange one But this shop is calling this one ( COILTEK 14" ROUND ELITE DD GPX COIL ) But The label on it says DD Pro yet they are saying it is an Elite ? It has the Top pattern of the Elite But something is not right,

http://www.joanallen.co.uk/coiltek-14-round-elite-dd-gpx-coil-p/20527.htm

Thanks again.

John.
That one on the Joan Allen link is an elite. The word elite is under DD PRO in smaller lettering.
As bbrook says the Mono Elite is the new type spiral wound coils & the DD Pro Elite is not.
If I was purchasing a new DD coil I'd be looking towards the Detech Ultimate Spiral 15".

Same here Matt about the DD, if were getting a new one it would be the Detech also.

Thanks Guys, On Nenad's Coil shootout although his NF Coils did well on the Tiny targets, His Camo Elite did well on most of the targets, Yet his Detech seemed to do really good on the problem targets,, there seems to be no one coil that could do a clean sweep and it just goes to show the difference between the brands in relation to the different nugget types which makes it tough to find an even balance,,

Thanks again that's a great help,

John.

Great work on the evolution guys,

As mentioned I have always used the DD Pro for smooth running, always quiet on the GP3500 with that nice threshold humming away - great coils indeed.

Detech Ultimate Spiral DD - looks like a winner from the reviews and tests I have seen.

I actually have some coils here not needed anymore - just gotta find time to list them. 14" Coiltek Anti Interference Coil, Coiltek DD 11", Coiltek DD 18" and just the standard Minelab 3500 DD 11"

I will be sure to post up the comparison test results here on the Elite 14" Camo when it arrives - I will compare the Coiltek DD Pro and Coiltek Elite Mono Camo

Regards

Just a couple points to add.

The Pro coils are wound in a way that they draw more current. This was fine for the GPs, SD's benefited from a regulated power supply, and on the GPX4000 and 4500 they worked okay in Normal but other timings were not so crash hot. The 5000 is very fussy about coil specs which is sort of why the Advantage and Goldstalker range came about. The difference being Nugget Finder were using Litz wire in all their coils like the Commanders, and Coiltek were not, except for the 14x9 Blitz.

So the Elite range added Litz wire and the flat wind and are all in solid housings (apart from the 18 elite) so they are miles in front of the goldstalkers.

Both NF and CT don't make any GPX compatible DD coils. All of Detech coils use litz wire and are wound in such a way to be compatible with all GPXs including the 5000, and back compatible. So apart from the sizes, the Detech are a good alternative to the Commander DD's, with the added benefit of being waterproof.

The spiral/flat wound mono coils (Elite, Evo and Detech Ultra) are all intended for use on the GPX series, to take advantage of the "smooth" timings. I think their sensitivity may be a bit much for the GP's in all but very quiet ground. The 2100 and 3500 would probably be the pick of the earlier models I would think. Medium tracking on the 3500 may really come in handy.

Ridge Runner said:
Thanks Guys, On Nenad's Coil shootout although his NF Coils did well on the Tiny targets, His Camo Elite did well on most of the targets, Yet his Detech seemed to do really good on the problem targets,, there seems to be no one coil that could do a clean sweep and it just goes to show the difference between the brands in relation to the different nugget types which makes it tough to find an even balance,,

John.

Yes I even watch that on occasion to remind myself. The most interesting for me was how much they all struggled on the deepest 2g+ piece. The 14 Detech and 15 evo both got a sniff on that one. The 15 Detech DD got it pretty easy but required a switch into Normal timing.

Cheers, Nenad

PhaseTech said:
Just a couple points to add.

The Pro coils are wound in a way that they draw more current. This was fine for the GPs, SD's benefited from a regulated power supply, and on the GPX4000 and 4500 they worked okay in Normal but other timings were not so crash hot. The 5000 is very fussy about coil specs which is sort of why the Advantage and Goldstalker range came about. The difference being Nugget Finder were using Litz wire in all their coils like the Commanders, and Coiltek were not, except for the 14x9 Blitz.

So the Elite range added Litz wire and the flat wind and are all in solid housings (apart from the 18 elite) so they are miles in front of the goldstalkers.

Both NF and CT don't make any GPX compatible DD coils. All of Detech coils use litz wire and are wound in such a way to be compatible with all GPXs including the 5000, and back compatible. So apart from the sizes, the Detech are a good alternative to the Commander DD's, with the added benefit of being waterproof.

The spiral/flat wound mono coils (Elite, Evo and Detech Ultra) are all intended for use on the GPX series, to take advantage of the "smooth" timings. I think their sensitivity may be a bit much for the GP's in all but very quiet ground. The 2100 and 3500 would probably be the pick of the earlier models I would think. Medium tracking on the 3500 may really come in handy.

Thanks Nenad,

So what you are saying is that Coitek DD Pro Elite is most likely the Right Coil for the 3500 or the most suitable coil for that machine ? And In the right conditions in medium ground the 3500 could use those other coil ?

And at lease it will give the best overall results, I don't want to drop back to the factory 11" although they go pretty deep for a standard Coil/Machine Combo,

Thanks again Nenad,,

John.

PhaseTech said:
Ridge Runner said:

John.

Yes I even watch that on occasion to remind myself. The most interesting for me was how much they all struggled on the deepest 2g+ piece. The 14 Detech and 15 evo both got a sniff on that one. The 15 Detech DD got it pretty easy but required a switch into Normal timing.

Cheers, Nenad

Hope you don't mind but I saved it to my favourites, Because it is the best Video on the net explaining and showing the true pitfalls of prospecting, Unlike Coins or Rings, Nuggets don't play fair,, If those Coils were on a coin machines then you would never see the traits of each coil, The crossover from spikey Gold to small worn smooth slugs makes a huge difference and I am guessing that the Coils that ID'd the spikey nuggets might also require lower settings in hot ground which again makes Coil choice even more critical and A person was working in one area they might need at leased 3 of those Coils to do a proper job.

Thanks again, Nenad,

John.

I am expecting the Coiltek 14" Elite Mono to be noisy in the hot ground with the GP3500 - but more so looking at the advantage in mild type soils.

I seen a previous post relating to testing the 14" Camo Elite on 3500 4000 5000 - extensive testing was that the Elite performed on all machines, and the tests were against Minelab 15x12 - and the results were 15% better for the Elite. mxt sniper and Phase both commented on this

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=10885&p=1

Let us know how you get on with it,, I would like the Camo Elite and hot ground is not an issue for me at present, But the price is the killer, And would I miss that much using the DD pro Elite and it would have to be better than the 12" DF Mono on my other PI, It's Coil don't wake up for bit smaller than 0.12 to 0.15 and that's with a Good Tail Wind behind it,

So by using my 3500 I am trying to avoid having another machine that is blind as a bat when it comes to small targets.

John.

I will surely post up my tests when I run the Coiltek 14" DD Pro against the Coiltek 14" Mono Elite - might even go and pick up the coil tomorrow at Coiltek Gold Centre Maryborough.

test will be in Light Medium and Heavy Mineralized ground - to see how the Mono behaves against the DD Pro - I know hot ground is DD Territory with the GP3500

I will also provide the test results on different size targets at the limits.

Search pattern is different on DD vs Mono - Mono needs more of an overlap for consistent ground coverage but will punch slightly deeper in less mineralized ground. Where as DD search pattern is more square so to speak so it covers a lot more of the ground but slightly less depth and requires less of an overlap. DD sweet spot is central Mono sweet spot is outer.

The 5.5kg Nugget found in Ballarat was with an 8x6 Sadie Coil on a GPX5000 at 600mm depth

I have hit 0.15g pieces with the 14" DD Pro on GP3500 at 1 inch - 1 gram pieces at 12 inches depending on shape of target - what I am hoping to achieve or put to the test is that the Coiltek Mono Elite as specified by Coiltek it should punch 30% Deeper than any previous Coiltek coil of the same or equivalent size - If my test proves that the 14" DD Pro is at its threshold limit for the 1 gram @ 12 Inches then the 14" Mono Elite should be at its threshold limit for 1 gram @ 15.6 inches.

Well there is one thing that I have found when testing coils is when comparing a DD to a Mono is that on tiny bits using a DD and a concentric is that what the DD saw at 1" the Concentric saw at 2.5 to 3" but once the targets got bigger than a Gram or a bit less is that the bigger the item got the more Equal the depth became and as the ground hots up the DD regained the edge, So I would not expect too much difference if I was you, But don't hold me to that because a Mono might fair better than a Concentric dose on a VLF, so just bare that in mind,

Thanks again.

John.

Yeah it is one of those things picking through the coils to suit grounds, machine and terrain. Where I live there is no chance of swinging an 18" unless on private open land. The bushland here is quite dense and depending on the season it has different types of growth.

After 15 years the 14" suits me fine for small to large and great depth and still allows for a good coverage, and the weight seems to be just perfect for me. I have never questioned the performance of the Coiltek DD coils as I always find gold - usually 4 times a week anyway. Lately I have had a very good run and found gold almost everyday for the last 2 months - with some odd days in between.

Looking forward to tomorrow to get the Mono Elite - should be able to provide the test comparison results to you by Thursday

Regards M.G

Hi Ridgerunner,

After liaising with Trevor at Coiltek - see below details relating to GP3500 and Coilteks Elite Mono 14"

Yes the ELITE coils will work well with your machine providing you stick with the small to medium sizes. The one I would recommend is the new 14x9 Elliptical ELITE. This will ensure your machine handles the mineralised ground better. The 14 round will still be a good option but you may experience more ground noise as it is a larger coil. Either way these coils are super sensitive and great depth when compared to similar older wound Mono coils.

The statement reads up to 30% deeper as there are targets that may only be 10-20% deeper and the most we have seen was 30%. When you consider this on a target that an older coil might have seen at 5 inches, the new ELITE saw it at 6.5 inches in air test which is 30% more this does not seem much but opens up new ground for sure.

The DD coils do perform well on the GP detectors and the mono coils can be a little harder to handle if the ground is mineralised to heavily mineralised but if using the ELITE just slow down the swing and come off the ground by an inch or so more to not over-saturate the coil with this noise.

I have also purchased a GPX4500 today 4 weeks old and comes with the Elite Mono 14" and will run it through some tests - so now we can have GP3500 vs GPX4500 with Coiltek 14 Elite and Coiltek 14 DD Pro and Coiltek 14 Anti Interference - this should provide some test results

Regards M.G

Thanks M.G. I will wait and see how you get on with the Elite on your 3500, because at 553 bucks I don't want to get it wrong.

Congrats on the 4500, I have been thinking about getting one as well,

John.

Hi Ridgeruner,

Tested the Elite on the GP3500 Today - if you go to the last page on my thread https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=296355#p296355 you will see some basic tests that were done on targets found with the GPX4500 and Elite Mono 14" - couldnt see them with the GP3500 and DD Pro - switched to the Elite on the GP3500 and quite surprised this coil is outstanding on the initial tests.

Will still look to perform a thorough depth target response between them though. By taking measurements

Regards M.G

I love my 14" Elite and now that I've learned enough about operating my detector I've decided to try other coils. I would have considered another Coiltek but I had a problem where this one opened up at the seam and I could see inside.

Now I've got no problems with a fault such as this. Any product can have a fault from time to time. My complaint is with the company. Twice I went onto the Coiltek site and inquired about whether it should be sealed or not. If so what should I do about it? I never got a reply. They just ignored my request for help. To me this type of behaviour from a supplier is inexcusable so when I went out and spent $1000 on two new c.oils they were certainly not Coiltek.

I know enough about plastics to easily fix it with a little PVC plumbers cement so a quick flick with the air hose to clear any dust and a smear of glue and within 10 minutes it was better than new with no sign of the repair. All I wanted was a little backup service to confirm that I was doing the right thing.

Moneybox said:
I love my 14" Elite and now that I've learned enough about operating my detector I've decided to try other coils. I would have considered another Coiltek but I had a problem where this one opened up at the seam and I could see inside.

Now I've got no problems with a fault such as this. Any product can have a fault from time to time. My complaint is with the company. Twice I went onto the Coiltek site and inquired about whether it should be sealed or not. If so what should I do about it? I never got a reply. They just ignored my request for help. To me this type of behaviour from a supplier is inexcusable so when I went out and spent $1000 on two new c.oils they were certainly not Coiltek.

I know enough about plastics to easily fix it with a little PVC plumbers cement so a quick flick with the air hose to clear any dust and a smear of glue and within 10 minutes it was better than new with no sign of the repair. All I wanted was a little backup service to confirm that I was doing the right thing.

Did you go onto the site and use the "Get In Touch" section?

I find that many companies don't reply to those forms on their websites in a timely manner. Maybe those enquires go to an email address that the company doesn't monitor regularly - depends on who set the website up a for them - and weren't even aware of your enquiry.

You would have found that if you'd called them up instead, you would have had an answer straight away. Every time I've called Coiltek, someone picks up the phone.

Nuggetbuster said:
Moneybox said:

Did you go onto the site and use the "Get In Touch" section?

I find that many companies don't reply to those forms on their websites in a timely manner. Maybe those enquires go to an email address that the company doesn't monitor regularly - depends on who set the website up a for them - and weren't even aware of your enquiry.

You would have found that if you'd called them up instead, you would have had an answer straight away. Every time I've called Coiltek, someone picks up the phone.

Yes I used the "Get in touch" button because that's what I was trying to do. At that point I didn't have a complaint, just an inquiry.

Latest posts