Coiltek Elites ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just found that I can get the 14" Coiltek Camo Elite and the also have the 18" Open Camo Elite,, Has anyone ever compared these two Coils ? Oh and they are for my 3500,

Thanks,

John.

Mate I had the 14 on a 3k, but never compared the two.
I found mine to be very touch sensitive, and actually contacted Coiltek about this issue. (nothing could be done, way out of warranty)
That being said, get used to the coil and it was lethal!
I will always recommend Coiltek as they are sooo transparent and honest with their products.

Thanks Simmo, Yeah I have always had good luck with Coiltek too, I am liking the Detech Coils on my VLF's and Nenad has done well with his,, But these 14" Elites have my attention due to how well everyone has done with them,

Thanks again.

John.

Is there any difference between these and the White/Cream coloured 14" Round DD Elite's apart from one being a DD and the Camo being a Mono,

And is the DD version any good.

Thanks again.

John.

Thanks Dig'n-it,

I only use the 14" DD Pro on the 3500 - but was looking to add to my arsenal and adding the 14" Coiltek Elite Mono (Camo)

Coiltek DD Pro Version (Orange/Brown Color)I have used in all of my detecting days - gold found from 0.15g upwards - punching at great depths for all sizes.

Ridge Runner - as for the version of White/Cream - not sure on the difference you may just need to speak with Coiltek Gold Centre Maryborough - or the likes of a good metal detecting supply accessory shop and query them on what is the difference between the Goldstalkers and the Elite Range. Just from a quick review just now it appears the Mono Elites are New Config - Litz Wire

http://www.marybroughgoldcentre.com...coils/products/coiltek-14-pro-elite-mono-coil

Be good to run a test on the Coiltek Range - DD Pro vs Goldstalker vs Elite

After seeing excellent reviews and also on a recent group day we held, Dig'n-it kindly provided his test results with his 11" Mono Elite Camo and Outlaw also provided his test results with his 14" Mono Elite Camo - both were excellent on the day.

All the best and I will be surely getting the Elite 14" Mono Elite soon.

Minelab Gold said:
Thanks Dig'n-it,

I only use the 14" DD Pro on the 3500 - but was looking to add to my arsenal and adding the 14" Coiltek Elite Mono (Camo)

Coiltek DD Pro Version (Orange/Brown Color)I have used in all of my detecting days - gold found from 0.15g upwards - punching at great depths for all sizes.

Ridge Runner - as for the version of White/Cream - not sure on the difference you may just need to speak with Coiltek Gold Centre Maryborough - or the likes of a good metal detecting supply accessory shop and query them on what is the difference between the Goldstalkers and the Elite Range. Just from a quick review just now it appears the Mono Elites are New Config - Litz Wire

http://www.marybroughgoldcentre.com...coils/products/coiltek-14-pro-elite-mono-coil

After seeing excellent reviews and also on a recent group day we held, Dig'n-it kindly provided his test results with his 11" Mono Elite Camo and Outlaw also provided his test results with his 14" Mono Elite Camo - both were excellent on the day.

Well you say there is an Orange one But this shop is calling this one ( COILTEK 14" ROUND ELITE DD GPX COIL ) But The label on it says DD Pro yet they are saying it is an Elite ? It has the Top pattern of the Elite But something is not right,

http://www.joanallen.co.uk/coiltek-14-round-elite-dd-gpx-coil-p/20527.htm

Thanks again.

John.

Yeah,

Not sure on that one mate - I seen some descriptions - originally it used to be

DD - then they were labelled DD Pro

The goldstalkers - White/Cream and have Goldstalker Mono - I beleive all the same but reduced weight and a fancy name to entice - dont quote me on that one, like I said it may be worth contacting Coiltek to discuss the differences.

The Elite Range - say Coiltek Mono Elite on the sticker, and in some descriptions has Coiltek Mono Elite Pro (Camo)

1481549587_coiltek_14_mono_coils.jpg

1481549605_coiltek_dd_coils.jpg

Not sure if it is the S.O.S type of work - Shiny Object Syndrome - you know release a new item call it a Pro, but the only difference I can see is the general - Color, Sticker - and the Elite has the Litz Wire

Hopefully you get some of the likes of JP or Phase on this forum to advise any details they know that can assist all on this forum. Or when you find out from Coiltek post up your findings

Be good to hear from the Manufacturers on this one. I dont think they will tell you that we pretty much made it another color and called it a goldstalker though

All the best

Well done thanks for that,, I will hold off buying it for now until JP or PT can shed some light on the subject,, But this coil is not on Coilteks current list so either it is an end of run product or it is an Elite is any ones Guess,

Thanks again,

John.

Yeah good one on that - I had actually never seen that coil before until googling coiltek coils images or reviewing your link.

It would be good for clarification though and Coiltek being the manufacturer should be able to assist on any advantages if at all between certain model releases.

IMO - any new release of whether it be DD, DD Pro, DD Pro Elite - or Mono, Mono Pro, Mono Elite, Mono Elite Pro etc etc I would have thought it wouldnt be just weight or color but more so a better coil response, whether it be less noisy, better balance, deeper targets, more sensitive etc etc

Ideally we just want the answer to be - the new release has better everything - depth, target size, and sensitivity, of its predecessor

Quote: with Test Sheet Results from the manufacturer.

For each machine SD GP GPX - new coils should have endured rigorous testing for each SD GP and GPX to ensure they handle well and out perform for each coil and machine as opposed to the previous release.

So many variables to consider as well - also seeing which coil gets the best results on each of the models of Minelab SD GP GPX

Cheers

Minelab Gold said:
Yeah good one on that - I had actually never seen that coil before until googling coiltek coils images or reviewing your link.

It would be good for clarification though and Coiltek being the manufacturer should be able to assist on any advantages if at all between certain model releases.

IMO - any new release of whether it be DD, DD Pro, DD Pro Elite - or Mono, Mono Pro, Mono Elite, Mono Elite Pro etc etc I would have thought it wouldnt be just weight or color but more so a better coil response, whether it be less noisy, better balance, deeper targets, more sensitive etc etc

Ideally we just want the answer to be - the new release has better everything - depth, target size, and sensitivity, of its predecessor

Quote: with Test Sheet Results from the manufacturer.

For each machine SD GP GPX - new coils should have endured rigorous testing for each SD GP and GPX to ensure they handle well and out perform for each coil and machine as opposed to the previous release.

So many variables to consider as well - also seeing which coil gets the best results on each of the models of Minelab SD GP GPX

Cheers

That company is charging $553.00 for the 14" Elite mono and $655.85 for the 18" Elite mono, Which is a little step from where I'm sitting, Geeze they don't miss ya do they, Lol. Bugger Me At Leased Robin Hood had the decency and wore a mask when he turned ya over, This crowd don't even hide the fact, Lol.

John.

U.K Prices for certain items are generally on the higher side, keeping in Mind Coiltek Manufacturing ships to them then they ship worldwide as well. The costs here are better being that Coiltek is Aussie.

the cost of the coil local is well worth it. Can't wait to get mine really.

Whats the saying - Damn Minelab and Coiltek for making such good products to help find us Gold

Minelab Gold said:

So that Cream coloured one is a DD Pro and not a Pro Elite, Well depending if I can get a better deal I would buy the 14" Camo Coil. But 553 bucks is a bit step for me, I can get the new Detech 15" for $386.09c So that's $167.00 Cheaper and the tests that Nenad did the Detech came out on top out of about 5 or 6 Coils,

I must admit the 14x10 Detech that I put on my VLF has given it a huge boost,

thanks again,

John.

Minelab Gold said:
U.K Prices for certain items are generally on the higher side, keeping in Mind Coiltek Manufacturing ships to them then they ship worldwide as well. The costs here are better being that Coiltek is Aussie.

the cost of the coil local is well worth it. Can't wait to get mine really.

Whats the saying - Damn Minelab and Coiltek for making such good products to help find us Gold

Well Coiltek transformed my Sovereign GT and when it comes to Quality Coiltek are the best, But Detech are very impressive, and even on a VLF I can't swing my Pick within 5 feet of the Coil or the machines goes nutz and on bigger things it has some serious Depth.

John.

Yeah I seen the tests on Youtube - pretty good run through. Its a much of a muchness I believe

A lot of people want that next shiny object, dont get me wrong GPX and GPZ rock and its just the ground you walk over - personally I have always used Coiltek DD Pro, similar to the analogy some people like Ford some like Holden but wot admit the other is better.

I also operate GP 3500 - and see many operators of later models have success and some not so much. If Coiltek are saying 30% Deeper on the Camo Elites then by all means I will put this to the test when mine arrives.

Detech - yeah I also seen good test results from these coils - I guess I am one of those Coiltek users and always will, I had the option of Nugget Finder Evo's as mentioned seen good results - but my heart was saying Coiltek and seeing the results of the Elite does it for me.

Have I been missing potential gold from a loss of 30% Most likely - I have had great success on the GP3500 with DD Pro - I always thought onto a good thing why change. Still finding Gold so yeah happy with the DD Pro - but looking forward to the Elite arriving and running the test - I will post them up for you

When you put all the variables into action, it would be hard to make everyone happy, because we see many companies having all different size coils and not too many have exactly the same size. So putting them to the test you will still have the guys saying thats because it is 1 inch larger in diameter etc etc.

Coilteks website doesnt say its a DD Pro Elite - only that web link from the U.K site you posted. The sticker doesnt say DD Pro Elite only in the description - Not sure on that one.

Cheers

Being the beige coil it should be the 14" DD Pro Elite. I think these were a bit lighter & made for the SD/GP range to run a bit more stable/smoother. I used one on my SD2200 & GP3500 - they are a good coil but I had never compared it to the terracotta DD Pro to see if theres any difference in performance.
This is from an old thread on another forum:
Trevor - Coiltek Manufacturing said:
Just wanted to clarify that the DD PRO ELITE is best suited to the SD/GP machines due to it drawing a little more current than the standard DD.

The newer GPX machines are best suited to standard DD's. The DD PRO coils are tweaked in a way now that they run well with the GPX machines in most circumstances
Another thread here:
http://forums.nuggethunting.com/ind...vs-plain-dd-pro/&do=findComment&comment=34149

Hi all , from what I can tell , the DD family tree goes DD , DD pro ( both terracotta ) DD pro elite (cream ) ,all DD's are standard wound coils and one would hope each is an improvement on the one before !

The mono tree goes Mono , in terracotta and then , I think , goldstalker in cream , Elite ( cammo , light or dark pattern , light is earlier and I guess changed cause the print wearing off was more noticeable )

The Mono elite is the only one with the spiral wound coil ,and a definite improvement ,at least on smaller gold

I think Detech is the only maker doing DD in spiral wound and if I sill pushed a gp3000 I would fork out the money for one

thanks , Brett

Ridge Runner said:
Minelab Gold said:
Thanks Dig'n-it,

Well you say there is an Orange one But this shop is calling this one ( COILTEK 14" ROUND ELITE DD GPX COIL ) But The label on it says DD Pro yet they are saying it is an Elite ? It has the Top pattern of the Elite But something is not right,

http://www.joanallen.co.uk/coiltek-14-round-elite-dd-gpx-coil-p/20527.htm

Thanks again.

John.
That one on the Joan Allen link is an elite. The word elite is under DD PRO in smaller lettering.
As bbrook says the Mono Elite is the new type spiral wound coils & the DD Pro Elite is not.
If I was purchasing a new DD coil I'd be looking towards the Detech Ultimate Spiral 15".

Latest posts