Had a funny one at the beach this morning

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacchus

Rick
Reaction score
Being new to beach detecting I have been going early in the morning mainly to avoid people and this morning was only my third ever time but was a bit different. A rather large lady walking her dog made a heading straight for me , as I could see she was talking to me I removed my headphones expecting an exchange of pleasantries and got " you make sure you fill in all your holes " ( which I do without fail ) a smile and the headphones went back on but she kept going so headphones off " do you have a license to do that here ?" What the ??? Having had enough of her and not normally short of a word I replied " Do you have a permit for those Wombats in your track pants " have never seen a jaw drop so quickly !! headphones on and kept swinging . Is this the type of thing you normally get or have I just pulled a bad one ?

Anyway apart from plethora of tent pegs and aluminium cans I did manage these rings , the centre one is stamped 375 TS and 25 PT , the double heart ring was very deep and has a blue stone inset and is a very small size.

Cheers
1481087968_image.jpg

1481088069_image.jpg

Well done :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I'd be back there to finish the whole beach
Not sure about your area but dogs aren't allowed on the beach here, I would have threatened to call the ranger on her, Nice comment though :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Geez 3 rings in one hunt :rolleyes:
The small heart ring I've found a silver one but my GF has the same one in 9k without the stone :)

Bacchus, that's one hell of a way to start one's ring finds collection, great going, like B5MECH said, get back there and grid the daylights out of place.
Cheers, SinHof.

Geez great hunt Bacchus. The 375 gold one will probably be a diamond ring, I think the 25PT may refer to the weight of the diamonds. You sure the other one isn't gold as well?

The double heart rings stone will be a sapphire, actually the ring looks like silver. The other ring looks cool regardless of the metal, really well done!! :)

The centre ring and one on the right were together so I assume left on a towel as was up near the dunes the other was closer to the water about 100 metres from the other two and a lot deeper. The beach is not metro and is open for dogs , is regularly used by race horses early morning and even open to cars to drive on south of the entrance. I gather the 375 means silver but the 25 pt ?

Cheers

Was typing when you posted Heatho so what's the deal with 375 ? Appears to be silver in colour not yellow so white gold ? The double heart ring is almost black from tarnish I thought may be a child's ring.

Edit

Same again ok I got it now 9 k

Cheers

Yeah it will be white gold. The double heart will most likely be .925 sterling silver. You can probably clean it up to look brand new if you check out the cleaning instructions here.

"Soak in citric acid solution for 10 mins then wrap it in aluminium foil and hold it tight between your fingers, it will give a crackling sound and smell of rotten egg gas if the reaction is working, then use a soda bi carb paste and rub it in to neutralise the acid. Do it outside or you'll stink your house up with egg gas, I made the mistake of doing it inside once."

Yeah silver jewelly will nearly always be 925, anything else will usually be gold such as 9k, 14k, or they will use percentages such as 375 for 9k, or say 750 for 18k.

Ok double heart is in lemon juice as we speak ( don't have citric acid on hand so hope it works ) Mrs Bacchus is now doing cartwheels as we were convinced would only be CZ set in silver but very pretty anyway and guess who is coming with me tomorrow morning ;)

Thanks for help and excusing the ignorance :D

Loved your quick reply. I hope the best ring you found came off wombat girls finger as she threw her hands up in horror. If you see her on the beach in a few months time she'll probably be strutting around in a bikini having lost a 100 kgs all thanks to your friendly constructive criticism.

Electrical storm overnight and blowing a plenty here so detecting abandoned this morning , the little ring cleaned up beautifully ( thanks Heatho ) but is pitted and well worn by sand so assume been there a while . Can't wait to get back there now as I don't reckon the beach has seen much if any detecting.

Cheers

1481150036_image.jpg

Bacchus said:
Being new to beach detecting I have been going early in the morning mainly to avoid people and this morning was only my third ever time but was a bit different. A rather large lady walking her dog made a heading straight for me , as I could see she was talking to me I removed my headphones expecting an exchange of pleasantries and got " you make sure you fill in all your holes " ( which I do without fail ) a smile and the headphones went back on but she kept going so headphones off " do you have a license to do that here ?" What the ??? Having had enough of her and not normally short of a word I replied " Do you have a permit for those Wombats in your track pants " have never seen a jaw drop so quickly !! headphones on and kept swinging . Is this the type of thing you normally get or have I just pulled a bad one ?

Anyway apart from plethora of tent pegs and aluminium cans I did manage these rings , the centre one is stamped 375 TS and 25 PT , the double heart ring was very deep and has a blue stone inset and is a very small size.

Cheers
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4092/1481087968_image.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4092/1481088069_image.jpg
Just be careful mate...next time she might have her buddys with her :eek:
1481156430_screenshot_2016-12-08-10-11-33_crop_532x529-266x265.jpg

( No comment )
(______________)(__________________)

8) :eek:

Latest posts