QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of the version that was launched 3Dec16 .. there is a test and the current one on sale ;)

I should imagine if you have been detecting for a few years like me and have an accumulation of old coils shafts etc sitting in cupboard. It would be a good opportunity to just buy the control box. If you don't like the machine you could flog it off as a complete unit. It would finish up costing you next to nothing and you would have cleared unwanted gear from cupboard and possibly who knows make a profit..?

Most people sell their older coils to update to the latest coils as they are a improvement on the older model coils .With the QED it comes standard with a 12 evo on the full package that should be a excellent set up regards john :)

It looks like they are only selling the base package online now?
Base Package Includes:
1x QED Control Box
1x Battery Box (no batteries)
2x Ferrite EMI Suppressors

Note: prices may vary due to price fluctuations over time
Batteries, battery Charger, Search coil, upper & lower shafts, nut/bolt + washers, speakers, headphones are sold separately.
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/our-products/interfacion-s-detectors/qed.html

Personally from what's been reported so far an Evo 14" x 9" would be my choice of coil but yes neddy if you already have a cupboard full of gear then just the base package is a great way of being able to buy! Other manufacturers take note.

mbasko said:
It looks like they are only selling the base package online now?
Base Package Includes:
1x QED Control Box
1x Battery Box (no batteries)
2x Ferrite EMI Suppressors

Note: prices may vary due to price fluctuations over time
Batteries, battery Charger, Search coil, upper & lower shafts, nut/bolt + washers, speakers, headphones are sold separately.
http://www.goldsearchaustralia.com/our-products/interfacion-s-detectors/qed.html

Personally from what's been reported so far an Evo 14" x 9" would be my choice of coil but yes neddy if you already have a cupboard full of gear then just the base package is a great way of being able to buy! Other manufacturers take note.

Yeah I see that and all up it will cost you about $2106.00 +/- not including the speaker or head phones,

The base starts at $1370 control box battery box then you build up what you want from there coils and shafts and what else you may need regards john :)

Got mine this arvo.
Managed to play with it in my back yard, and got a steady him. That alone impressed me.
Then, with a total QED time of less than half an hour, I put down a .01 flake in plastic container, and pinged it a about 2" no worries.
Can't wait to get out of town and into proper country to really learn how this thing works. I was using my 7yo daughters headphones from her tablet, $20 jobs from woolies. I tried a speaker, a Nokia thing, but for some reason, it turns itself off as soon as it gets sound from it, same when I tested it on my phone....?

i dont even know what day it is! just checked out my roster, i have fri/sat off.
tomorrow will check it out in more detail.

Congrats Dave, hope the QED works well for you, will be looking forward to your field reports, pretty good that it can ping a .01 piece at 2 inches, that is surprisingly good.

Dave,...just wondering..was that with the 14" coil?

Did you just buy the control box, or the whole outfit?

GGA

12" evo. I was surprised too.
Didn't ping it at all at first. Then after playing with the bias, (I went the opposite to what was recommended, started at 50, and settled at 54 or 56,not sure now) and used mode 1 , got really clear and sharp signal at 2 inches, and could still hear it above that, but not clearly. Keep in mind that this was in the suburbs, my back yard, fluro lights about 3m away, pool filter going, kitchen window,microwave etc only 5m away and I was using my daughters $20 woolies headphones!
I only mucked about for about half an hour, so all in all , pretty happy with that.

Will get out tomorrow morning for a better swing. Hope I don't confuse myself, but planning to go over a patch Ive cleaned out, I cant find anymore on it with the GPX anyway. All the gold from this patch was sub gram, from .80 to 0.01.

Dave, it will be interesting to see what those settings (to optimize the response on a certain target) do on ground. I.e. yes it is easy to crank up certain things in mild ground or a test bed to get a great response, but how do those settings translate in the field. I know with the GPX, you select the timing to suit the ground and target type you are chasing, and then your settings are really picked based on location specifics, i.e. EMI levels and ground conditions.

What I'd like to know is how the settings need to be adjusted for hot ground, vs mild ground, and what the resultant performance is on different targets. I know this will take some time to nut out.

Yeah Nenad, thats the main reason Im re visiting the patch I mentioned, as Ive put in a lot of time there, and it is hot and in places, variable ground. Although, its the wet season now, the ground is wet, and the grass green and high, so it will be a bit different.
As I said, I ve only played around for half an hour so far, im a long way from understanding it!
I am actually amazed at how it handled the EMI in the suburbs, and although my back yard is pretty benign ground (think my GB setting was a low 108,) there are old clothes peg springs, and bits of wire from my lure making, so there are targets everywhere which is a pain. There is one patch about 3m square that has absolutely no noise, and thats where ran my turn on and see if it works test last night.

Also ordered a set of Pro 6 headphones from you this morning, Bet you cant get em to DARWIN BY TOMORROW AFTERNOON! lol.

It is encouraging to read some positive stuff about this QED after reading so much negative stuff over the many years during its development.

Hope to get out on weekend with u Dave .. I have 14x9 with my prototype .. should have same area as a 12inch Evo basicly ..
will be interesting day ..hope the sun shines a bit ..

me to Geoff, be good to catch up again.
Two old brains are better than..........coffee cups....and red pens...

On ya, give it a good try out and review for this old brain......dunno about the coffee but, never heard of a NTer that drank the stuff before, does it come in green tinnies?

Latest posts