QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridge Runner said:
Well they were both very successful, I think they had about 16.1 grams to show by the end of the 1st or 2nd day, So they must be doing something right, that is damn good going,

Yep so obviously the ground was pretty good and relatively untouched. Those who have bought the QED will be thankful that it does find gold. I think its going to be a good machine in its price range. Not sure its going to be a game changer though. Be a different story if the QED had found all the gold and the other machines nothing.

SteelPat said:
Ridge Runner said:
Well they were both very successful, I think they had about 16.1 grams to show by the end of the 1st or 2nd day, So they must be doing something right, that is damn good going,

Yep so obviously the ground was pretty good and relatively untouched. Those who have bought the QED will be thankful that it does find gold. I think its going to be a good machine in its price range. Not sure its going to be a game changer though. Be a different story if the QED had found all the gold and the other machines nothing.

No it might not be a game changer, but I think if someone spends a little time learning how it works they could make a good living from it,

I think it shows that it can hold its own against a machine that costs twice as much(on small gold anyway) . Is lighter to use. Will be interesting to see how well it holds up after some serious use and abuse, that we don't know yet, and wont know for some time to come.

Personally I don't think it's had enough use or in fact more importantly enough time in the field to prove or show anything .................... be it good or bad.
Give it time to prove itself or otherwise I think is probably the best one can or could do ? IMHO :rolleyes:

Something strange at the AU's elected QED forum, can't login. Changed password, still can't login.....

All I can say is that is an excellent report by JP, seems unbiased and fair. Looks like it's going to be quite good at finding small gold in medium mineralised ground, at a considerable cost advantage compared to a new SDC and being able to use numerous different coils there certainly will be benfits to buying one.

Hope you do well with yours when you get it Dave.

Well, we will see, I don't think I'm in medium mineralized ground. I think its highly mineralized!
We will see. He also praised its ergonomics and weight advantages.

That's all you can do Dave is give it a go. Looking forward to seeing yours and other owners reviews as they come in. Sounds like it might take a little time with it to get the hang of it but all detectors take a while to get to know them.

The weight advantage sounds great, I don't consider the SDC to be heavy but it can feel that way after swinging it for 8 hours, so any reduction in weight carrying for long periods is a big advantage.

Good to see JP do a report. Pretty much what I expected performance wise.

If you have a 5000/4500 already, I think it will make a good second machine for hitting mullock heaps. Its cheaper than an SDC, light weight so you can swing it all day working walls etc and you can change coils.

I think it may be a little complicated for someone who is a little technically challenged though.

grubstake said:
Rush said:
Just finished reading an interesting review of JP's review by a tester of the QED for the last 10 years.
Link here.
http://www.finders.com.au/finders-forum-info/finders-forum/

Interesting - thanks for that. For the convenience of others, the specific comments on JP's review are halfway down this page:
http://www.finders.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9362&start=1020&sid=d47d57d25f0fb1ebd5c0cecad551ca35
(the post is from GoldAu)

Interesting as the QED in its current form hasnt been around for 10 years. He hasnt tested this final version either so I am not sure how he can have any input into this testing. He just doesnt seem to like JP.

If you read a bit further down the page, Reg Wilson (Whom I know and have a great deal of respect for and had a lot to do with Bruce Candy and Minelab in the early days ) has said the JP report is reasonably accurate.

SteelPat said:
grubstake said:
Rush said:
Just finished reading an interesting review of JP's review by a tester of the QED for the last 10 years.
Link here.
http://www.finders.com.au/finders-forum-info/finders-forum/

Interesting - thanks for that. For the convenience of others, the specific comments on JP's review are halfway down this page:
http://www.finders.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9362&start=1020&sid=d47d57d25f0fb1ebd5c0cecad551ca35
(the post is from GoldAu)

Interesting as the QED in its current form hasnt been around for 10 years. He hasnt tested this final version either so I am not sure how he can have any input into this testing. He just doesnt seem to like JP.

If you read a bit further down the page, Reg Wilson (Whom I know and have a great deal of respect for and had a lot to do with Bruce Candy and Minelab in the early days ) has said the JP report is reasonably accurate.

I think it was a week or 2 ago that JP ordered his QED so I would imagine that it is the current model, because I don't think earlier version went in to full production,

Ridge Runner said:
I think it was a week or 2 ago that JP ordered his QED so I would imagine that it is the current model, because I don't think earlier version went in to full production,

I believe they are saying JP's detractor (ex-tester) could not have known the 'final' performance of the QED and therefore, his summation was biased, and flawed...:shrugs:..

I think people should just do their own review and refrain from critiquing someone elses (JP's review), though I left the link there for transparency only. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I don't see commenting on JP's review as a problem, but a review of his review, gimmee a break......

If the reviewer reviewing the review is standing on his 'experience' to base 'his' review on....then he should at least have the 'same' info. as the original reviewer no?....which in this case he did not...

So it wasn't really in the apples with apples basket eh?..and as such it was right to call out the discrepancies so the reader can make up their mind 'which' review to take notice of....sheemples (scrtch) :D

Gypsy

Latest posts