New at this game

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys first I'd like to say what a pleasure it is to be part of this forum. I'm fairly new at this game so would like any ideas feedback on my highbanker that I fabricated.
1480571738_img_6691.jpg

1480571738_img_6692.jpg

Love how you have integrated the children's play equipment into your build.
Does this mean you have developed some equipment which will allow the kids to play as well as yourself.

I can just hear the conversation " I will take the kids out for a play to give you a break :)"

looks good. i really like the first set of grizleys, i assume to help clean rocks?

is the top section steel?

Eski said:
looks good. i really like the first set of grizleys, i assume to help clean rocks?

is the top section steel?

The whole thing is steel. It's a prototype and it it works I'll make another out of aluminum. The first set of grizleys are taken from the docs highbanker. It cleans rocks and breaks up dirt only allowing material that diameter through. After sorting through the rocks that didn't go through to the sluice you can lift it up dumping all the big stuff.

blisters said:
What have you got at the top of the sluice I can't quite make it out.
Jon
At the top of the sluice I've incorporated the mat clap with a reverse riffle. Gold hog have it. It's meant to catch gems. If you mean before that it's just some v matting.

Looking at your hopper support legs, to my eye the angle seems to be placed back to front. Would they offer better support with the bottom of the legs placed towards the bottom hoppers outlet. Just a thought.
Cheers Jemba

Noice job, I love the modern day intergrated "swing up" sluice fork.

Re the gem trap, I'd consider deleting it and relying on the Dream Mat to trap the gems and that then allows an opportunity to incorporate a long slick area to allow a lamilar flow to form prior to the Dream Mat. Have the slick plate raised to the same height as the mat so the lamilar flow is not disturbed as it runs onto and over the mat.

Can't wait to see it in action...

casper

Jemba said:
Looking at your hopper support legs, to my eye the angle seems to be placed back to front. Would they offer better support with the bottom of the legs placed towards the bottom hoppers outlet. Just a thought.
Cheers Jemba
Hey bud I'll sus it out on my next one. The support legs are gas struts so I'm not to sure if I can have them facing forward. Thanks for the feed back.

B5MECH said:
What a beast, love the traps, very neat :cool:
Needs a camo paint job to finish it off ;)
Haha I actually made a motorized off-road scooter which I painted camo. It has a tow bar and trailer for all my equipment.

Looks impressive Revdog but I noticed you have gas struts to lift the feeder box. Two thing you might want to consider is the struts won't last to long out in the field especially with the plunger arm facing up and second you will want to be able to adjust the angle of the box depending on the type of material you are putting through it so some type of mechanical adjustment that allows you to do this would be worth considering. Just my thoughts

Latest posts