Hi from Adelaide, South Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone. Newbie here but not sure what this item is that made my detector go crazy. I have a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 and did a search around Jupiter's Creek today in the Adelaide Hills. I came across this item buried about 10cm down and I'm not sure what it is. It is not gold I don't think but it does resemble a nugget shape. It weighs 2.85gms

I have cleaned it up with a toothbrush and also some salt and vinegar in a glass to try get as much of it showing as possible. Grateful for any advice :)
1521461991_20180319_224750.jpg

Hi mate and welcome. Looks like molten lead. Can you dig your fingernail into it?

Hey madtuna,

I just tried that but it doesn't seem to scratch. Not sure yet really what I'm doing but Jupiter's Creek seems very hard to find stuff? I've got my ML GM 1k on all metal mode and it often seems to "ping" to the right for gold then it will go back to metal ping and I dug up every target up there but this was the only thing that wasn't wire or junk looking. Hopefully I can hone in on some colour soon. Haven't had much luck haha

Could be molten aluminium.

You can find gold at Jupiters if you put in the time and detect where others don't. Ie. Under bushes, under fallen logs and overgrown areas.

Most bits found by me there in a day was 6 pieces. Best so far has been a 1.2g, 0.9g and a 0.7g. I went 8 trips in a row for colour each time, but is hit and miss.

Only a single piece for me on the weekend, weighing 0.05g

If its quiet heavy i would say may be some molten lead. I have found lead at jupiters before.

Dont get discouraged, i have not found gold there with my 4500.
Samrota is proof its there if you swing over it though :Y:

Hello everyone, new to this site, I am in Adelaide 20kms from mount barker, heard about Echunga etc and would like to join you one day and learn about fossicking, I got no clue where to begin, help out there, because I am woman does not mean I can't have the same passion as you guys, loool
anyways, keep posting, as I have seen, your posts are old, few years old. bye for now

Dingold said:
Hi everyone. Newbie here but not sure what this item is that made my detector go crazy. I have a Minelab Gold Monster 1000 and did a search around Jupiter's Creek today in the Adelaide Hills. I came across this item buried about 10cm down and I'm not sure what it is. It is not gold I don't think but it does resemble a nugget shape. It weighs 2.85gms

I have cleaned it up with a toothbrush and also some salt and vinegar in a glass to try get as much of it showing as possible. Grateful for any advice :) https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12253/1521461991_20180319_224750.jpg

It's a bullet !!!

Bacchus said:
G'day Sam

Some Vic but mostly SA gold ( gotta love a zoom lens though ) was talking about a sausage sizzle breakfast one day with another forum member at JC , if it gets off the ground will sling you a Message if interested.

Cheers
Hello, invite me too I need to learn the fossicking business lol

Latest posts