Sip'n'Swing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys, only been detecting for a couple of months and so far struggled to find much to brag about but yesterday found my 1st older coin(1931 hp). Hopefully the pre-decimals start flowing now. I've been on the forum for a while under a different username and changed for security reasons. Here's a photo of my finds so far.
1479539801_image.jpg

well done on the HP Al :) i bet ya were stoked when ya 1st seen it.

if thats all the ring pulls ya found your doing very well :) i think i have well over a kilo of em not to mention the screw caps :mad: :lol: :)

numpty said:
well done on the HP Al :) i bet ya were stoked when ya 1st seen it.

if thats all the ring pulls ya found your doing very well :) i think i have well over a kilo of em not to mention the screw caps :mad: :lol: :)
Haha na plenty more ring pulls and trash never made it past my bin. :lol:
Yep I was very happy to find HP pal, we were pretty confident it was a coin target so I started digging and out comes a rusty bolt(I swore and AT Laughed lol) but I swiped the hole again and the stong target was still there so with a bit more of a dig out comes the HP. YEEEEEEHAAAAA

Plenty of fun targeting happening there albundy, if you walk over the good stuff you will certainly find it by the looks of all your finds.
So now that you have targeting and retreival under control you will just need to upskill your researchability ,.... that will put your coil over the areas with the most potential. ;)

Went out for an ultra quick swing with AR and found some goodies including my 2nd PD coin a 1922 Hp yeeehaaaa. Also got a train badge in an ant nest(2 man? recovery lol). Was good to get out again even if it was only a turbo swing. :lol:
1480471648_image.jpg
1480471683_image.jpg
1480471709_image.jpg
1480471741_image.jpg
1480471775_image.jpg
1480471819_image.jpg

B5MECH said:
Top effort, last time I tried a ten minute swing turned into an hour +
That large coin? looks interesting? or is it a token 8) :cool:
Cheers pal, not sure what the large thing is but it's not a coin or token, it's got some picture on it but not sure what it could be? Will try and get a better photo.

Albundy said:
B5MECH said:
Top effort, last time I tried a ten minute swing turned into an hour +
That large coin? looks interesting? or is it a token 8) :cool:
Cheers pal, not sure what the large thing is but it's not a coin or token, it's got some picture on it but not sure what it could be? Will try and get a better photo.
1480476640_image.jpg
1480476671_image.jpg

It looks older than the half penny, maybe wiping it in olive oil will make the detail stand out
Looks like a badge maybe brass
Last edit :lol: if its steel may have been an enamel badge maybe, strange pattern

Latest posts