B5MECH's Makro Racer 2 finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The parks are getting a little empty, will have to look outside the box :rolleyes:
1479955589_qqqq_001.jpg

1479955589_qqqq_002.jpg

The area it came from I have pulled a penny from but It's a park that has been filled with tip fill or was a tip :/
Everyone thinks the northern beaches is gods country :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If they only knew the place used to be a tip :eek: :eek: :eek:
Million dollar land value, what a joke :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have a set of parks beside me that I was told not to bother with as they were a tip before the park
Took a while many times walking away :mad: :lol: :lol: but there's only 1 now that is no joy as all the rest have paid well and shown me a PD
Saying that there has to be something hiding in there, but is the park of frustration
The odd PD from these parks feels like a tease to make me go back :rolleyes:

I did one park sort of near me too, constant junk signals (was a landfill also), could hardly believe how much junk was in the ground but I got a cartwheel penny there, gotta get back there too but the junk terrifies me. :) I know how you feel mate, just enough to get you interested and then gives you absolute frustration. Some sites are just bloody difficult but most will have at least 1 good find hiding there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'll be hitting the beach soon :cool: :cool:
The circus is here too so as soon as they pack up I'll be there :)

I have found in the past that the more "wealthy" areas aren't necessarily the more productive, doesn't help that many of those good looking areas have real junky fill overlaying them either. :)

Hi B5MECH,
Good to see your are adding to the 925 collection for this week, collectively we must be up to one a day so far for the week; nice collection of finds.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks SinHof,
I didn't notice that, I wonder who will get the next bit or will the gold one show up 8)
I've been stuck to find the next silver PD lately they all seem to be toasted penny's there has to be at least one more there :lol:
thanks guys, the flying v has it's neck cracked 8.(

You seem to have taken to the Racer 2 pretty quick with some good finds flowing through now, how would you personally compare it to the AT Goldin how it operates, tones, ergonomics etc? :)

To be fair their different machines so I couldn't compare, the area I'm in can get so junky that the makro is difficult only cause of the coil size
The ATG is definitely my go to for coins and silver is always easy to pick even though its a three tone it sings different from brass through silver range, I know I'm missing gold rings but you cant dig every target there's too bloody many :lol: :lol: :lol:
In saying this most my hunting is parks and I run full coin mode on the AT and heavy notching on the Makro
I was thinking of notching everything out but goldies and hit a bottle cap area and see how it goes when I get a chance
I had a run on the beach on Sunday night for $3.62 :rolleyes: the place is pretty empty but got a section done and got more coin targets on the entry path while leaving than in front of the club, ran on beach mode switching to deep no descrim, and I knew when it was a coin ring pull or top
The pin pointer is cool makes cool noises on ring pulls and tops and solid on coins
The Makro gets a bit heavy when sand builds up and there's no targets to stop and dig, and I'm not used to the ear phone straight cable can be annoying

I'd just use the 11" coil without its cover, should help to prevent it from being a dead weight when coated/filled with sand. Even the Ace 250 used to get pretty heavy when the large DD got coated in sand, hence why I never used a coil cover with it.

Headphone solution for the Racer - go wireless, it's a very handy setup. Same reason why I use the Deteknix wireless gear on the F75 with the similarly place rear mounted jack, I simply got sick of the headphones getting ripped off my head or caught on branches all the time when using wired gear.

The RC26 coil is not a bad option on the beach for shallow to mid depth targets and jewellery items, being a solid coil it doesn't have any nooks and crannys that tend to collect sand like the open frame coils do, nor does it weigh much in the first place.

If anything the RC26 does away with the nose heavy balance experienced when using when the 11" coil, is less fatiguing to use, and should prove to be a better performer on junkier locations.

Keep in mind if you are detecting for shallow goldies amongst aluminium bottle caps, the bottle caps will usually give off a wider response with a handheld pinpointer vs a sharper/tighter response from a coin. :)

Thanks GP, I'll give it a beach run this week when I can get a lift but going to give it another park run tonight without the cover to see.
I need to find more money before any upgrades :lol: definitely like the idea of the wireless headphones
I find the tone for the bottle caps is different to the goldies more solid on coins even on beach mode so you know when it's a solid and not junk
Is definitely a cool machine, I think at the moment I'll put a 90 degree adaptor for the headphones will at leas stop my bag getting caught :)
See how it goes tonight, just hope I've left some goldies there for me :rolleyes:

Latest posts