"Kato's Treasure Hunts", the Greenhornet's side kick.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi members, just joined up.

To those who may not know me, I am a legend in my own eyes only! LOL

Maybe my kids might agree, but I know they are wrong, as children have poor judgment about their parents.

My daughter "Kato" is off to a good start with this hobby, and will be posting her finds and stories in this thread for you guys to see.
I hope she does a good job and provides some nice input to the forum.
You may recognize some competition and banter between the two of us - all healthy stuff. :)

She will explore the forum and ask questions too, a fast learner, practical, dead keen.
We hope to make some new friends.

Detecting really is a great hobby for all family members, keeps you active both physically & mentally. Sounds like you are off to a great start on the usual suspects (pull tabs), what detectors are you currently swinging? All the best, and good luck. :)

Plenty of a self anointed Legends around here, but in reality they are Fables!

rocketaroo said:
Plenty of a self anointed Legends around here, but in reality they are Fables!
Don't let the Goblin hear you put it that way RKT. (ha)

Hi guys Kato here,

Thanks Silver for the link to Jacob, I reckon Ive watched almost every video he's done.
I get lots of hints and ideas from his vids.
At last someone around my age detecting in Australia. NOT the US like most vids.
I'll try to gather some pics of my earlier finds and my latest finds and provide some background info.

If you have trouble posting pics set your digital camera to small size 640x480 and they will upload without the resizing thingo :8
So show us some finds :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So I had a good find in the field the other day.

I think it is a good match for Dads "ollar roo"

But the colour is a bit dark and likely needs a good clean.
Tasted great! :p :D

1486628799_img_0343.jpg

Gh for Kato

I have tried to get her to plonk up some finds, but tonight I told her to hand over some coins she has found.

First up some French coins, strangely these were found in groups at opposite ends of a park separated by about 400m
a group of 3 under an olive tree, and then so far away we found another 4 or 5, some are with M2 now but were found by me.

It just has me buggered how they came to be lost in 2x separate groups and all from a small date range.
Sorry for the blurred images.

I wonder on their value ? and maybe silver content, but that is related to cleaning them.
Dates -
25's - 1933, 1933, 1932, 1932
10 - 1930

1487761528_img_0371.jpg

1487761528_img_0372.jpg

Latest posts