CTX 3030 finds by Ramjet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work mate, you'll get the hang of it in no time, finding that little Thrip would add a confidence boost, you won't miss any larger silvers with it. Combined is just a bit more of a practical tone profile, especially while learning the 3030.

Yes, I am a bit partial to gadgets as well. ;) No shortage of ways to run these FBS based detectors, just a matter of finding a tone setup that is suited to your ear. Bet you can't wait to give it a run down at the beach. :)

Goldpick said:
Bet you can't wait to give it a run down at the beach. :)

This is true :D I was actually looking for a dedicated beach detector when this came up. Too good a deal to pass up on and now I need that bigger coils. LOL. I told Mrs RJ I would need a few bits n pieces for it and for it and her reply was... "of course" :D

Mate when you start getting among the goldies with the CTX you can call em before you dig them, it's very accurate on them. 12:36-38 is $2, 12:38-39 is $1, 12:27-28 is 50c.

Have you taken an array of silver coins out to test in the yard yet? Once you familiarise yourself with all their responses you should get plenty, Silver rings are dead easy too, usually 11 or 12:47-48

Heatho said:
Mate when you start getting among the goldies with the CTX you can call em before you dig them, it's very accurate on them. 12:36-38 is $2, 12:38-39 is $1, 12:27-28 is 50c.

Have you taken an array of silver coins out to test in the yard yet? Once you familiarise yourself with all their responses you should get plenty, Silver rings are dead easy too, usually 11 or 12:47-48

Thanks for that Heath. I haven't been in the yard yet... need to mow the lawn first. :8 I have silver coins buried in the back lawn and will do some testing on them. Been too tired and too keen to get over and FIND stuff. :D

Paulmarr said:
The bug coils makes it even harder to swing! Also a bigger challenge to pinpoint

I know but will cover more ground. SinHof seems to be doing very well with the bigger coil and I will have to follow him around on the beach to learn from him. :)

Hi Ramjet,
Had a quick run on a local beach this arvo and was too slack to change back to the 17x13 coil after yesterday's park adventures with the standard 3030 coil.
Man did I miss the big bugger compared to the standard coil, that said though I did turn up another two rings and $5 in goldies, beach scene still pretty slow.
RJ give me a call if you would like to have a meet-up and play on a beach somewhere.
Cheers, SinHof.

Not too damp for the 3030, may be for the operator though, give me a call by all means, will be out and about most of next week then off to the gold fields for some serious detecting.
SinHof.

Never too damp ramjet with the ctx . I was out in a storm on the local beach just now and picked up this nice silver charm . And a bunch of goldies ones and 2s and a couple of American 1 cent prices which come in at 1237. My silver rings come in at 1243 as do the charms most of the time.
1477143520_image.jpg
1477143589_image.jpg

Latest posts