No Camping At Oallen Ford

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was only dropbear that can't use pumps anymore but it'll make him easy to find down there :D

There is a huge amount of consultation going on about the word's " Mechanical Processing " going on.
They snuck that in in 2010.
Those words are revolving around the use of water pumps.
I have no fear of my name now being displayed.
I am Doug Spindler.
The new NAPFA committee member.
Many Thanks for your support Mate.
We really need it no end.

blisters said:
It was only dropbear that can't use pumps anymore but it'll make him easy to find down there :D

hahahaha Phew! :p

i have been locked in meeting rooms the last few weeks, i think i must have been seeing things. :)

Hello TATHRADJ,
A new NAPFA committee member, congratulations on your election to the committee, only too happy to help in any way , so is mechanical processing defined in any fashion, or is it like the word fossicking, not defined .
OALLEN FORD , the sign says NO FIRES , NO CAMPING and a few other things, yet upstream is a sand mine and gold mine located on the southern side of the river , so currently looking into the land zone could be crown land lease and looking at the environmental controls to minimise siltation reaching the river waters.
My environmental studies on water quality in my past life was interesting , in that the health of a waterway can be affected by many influences such as water velocity , turbidity and sediment etc etc , when water velocity reduces the heavier sediment drops out ( good for gold ) water plants grow , the plant use the oxygen and the cycle of change begins.

What we need to do is address the concerns of the environmentalists with regard to silted water from the washing process of hand shoveled dirt entering the prisine stream , perhaps best addresses buy natural filtration by having the high banker located at an effective distance , at Oallen Ford the high bankers are at least 20 metres from the river so I don't see a problem , if they jump on the mechanical pumps which do not cause a problem then I suppose we need to look at the natural contours and gravity supply no pumps involved ( thinking outside the square ) and we need to address the silly i cubic metre of material to perhaps 5 cubes a day buy hand shovel only to those with a weak mind and strong back LOL
good to see people read the posts

Interesting read this PDF, it show's how other countries view the use of water in prospecting so at days end what we do is not mechanical separation but Gravity separation that PDF is worth a read. cheers Jemba.

Gravity Separation.

Gravity separation relies on density differences to separate desired materials from host rock. Devices used include gold pans, sluices ,shaking tables, and jigs. Gravity separation alone is used at most placer mines, and in combination with other methods and some lode miners.

Taken from.
Energy and Environmental Profile of the U.S. Department of Energy

http://energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2013/11/f4/gold-silver.pdf

Hi and Thanks for your comments.
In 2010 the powers that be snuck the words, " No Mechanical Processing "
into the prospecting act.
This has been screwed around to include the use of water pumps and that is the sticking point.
And yes, The 1 cubic meter is a bit restrictive but that is all we have at the moment.
I will admit it does take a bit of effort to work your way through this amount in certain soil types but
just remember to back fill as you go finishing up with a filled hole. :) :)
NAPFA is working on the issues with using a water pump as it is allowed under the water use act.
And finally, To one and all, We need more members to join the fight so please consider joining up.

Doug
NAPFA Committee Member.

iamagoldenoldie2 said:
Hello TATHRADJ,
A new NAPFA committee member, congratulations on your election to the committee, only too happy to help in any way , so is mechanical processing defined in any fashion, or is it like the word fossicking, not defined .
OALLEN FORD , the sign says NO FIRES , NO CAMPING and a few other things, yet upstream is a sand mine and gold mine located on the southern side of the river , so currently looking into the land zone could be crown land lease and looking at the environmental controls to minimise siltation reaching the river waters.
My environmental studies on water quality in my past life was interesting , in that the health of a waterway can be affected by many influences such as water velocity , turbidity and sediment etc etc , when water velocity reduces the heavier sediment drops out ( good for gold ) water plants grow , the plant use the oxygen and the cycle of change begins.

What we need to do is address the concerns of the environmentalists with regard to silted water from the washing process of hand shoveled dirt entering the prisine stream , perhaps best addresses buy natural filtration by having the high banker located at an effective distance , at Oallen Ford the high bankers are at least 20 metres from the river so I don't see a problem , if they jump on the mechanical pumps which do not cause a problem then I suppose we need to look at the natural contours and gravity supply no pumps involved ( thinking outside the square ) and we need to address the silly i cubic metre of material to perhaps 5 cubes a day buy hand shovel only to those with a weak mind and strong back LOL
good to see people read the posts

When ever I went there, there was always several people using petrol powered pumps and often dredging.
Whilst it didnt bother me, I often was asked and even harrassed for said equipment.

So no surprises over the clamp down.

I did warn many people over the use of high bankers and pumps both in our shop whenever they asked
and also the odd forum n the occasional fellow in these areas when we happened on each other and discussed it.

Most just considered us unhelpful and cheerfully chased down elsewhere n purchase said equipment.
Even promoted said elsewhere and talked down our shop etc for not offering up the goods to do
so against the legislation.

So now we have the bann and could be spreading.

All that was needed was our fellows to respect n not do it in ur face and fill in the ditches n
perhaps use electric quiet pumps to not be so in ur face about it.

Eventually some greeny was going to complain and do something.

1488523545_tenor.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p
https://www.tenor.co/view/popcorn-stephen-colbert-gif-3407253
Click here :eek: :Y:

Toysandthings said:
When ever I went there, there was always several people using petrol powered pumps and often dredging.
Whilst it didnt bother me, I often was asked and even harrassed for said equipment.

So no surprises over the clamp down.

I did warn many people over the use of high bankers and pumps both in our shop whenever they asked
and also the odd forum n the occasional fellow in these areas when we happened on each other and discussed it.

Most just considered us unhelpful and cheerfully chased down elsewhere n purchase said equipment.
Even promoted said elsewhere and talked down our shop etc for not offering up the goods to do
so against the legislation.

So now we have the bann and could be spreading.

All that was needed was our fellows to respect n not do it in ur face and fill in the ditches n
perhaps use electric quiet pumps to not be so in ur face about it.

Eventually some greeny was going to complain and do something.

and dredging doesn't bother you yeah ok last one i seen i told them in no uncertain terms to pack it up and move on
must be something wrong with me i always thought dredging was illegal my mistake

The sound of a pump is much more soothing than bogans cursing and breaking bottles and doing burnouts on the bridge .
People dregding should be peacefully confronted and let know what they are doing is illegal and told the rangers have caught people recently in this area , imo.

aussiefarmer said:
The sound of a pump is much more soothing than bogans cursing and breaking bottles and doing burnouts on the bridge .
People dregding should be peacefully confronted and let know what they are doing is illegal and told the rangers have caught people recently in this area , imo.
agree mate

Dredging is illegal.
Full stop.
High Banking is a Grey Area at the moment as I said above and
we are working on this issue.
Please, Do not get in a situation where it can set a precedence.
I cannot recommend that everyone go out and break the
rules.
As long as you are peacefully going about your business and
be shown to be responsible for your actions, No One will
bother you but, If you are asked to move on, Please do so.

Oallen has not been an issue unless you are digging to China and being a tool.
A bloody big banker and pump will attract interest from the authorities.

Just run your banker well back from the stream and be friendly about it.

I think marksman has the best policy as do others, by interacting with onlookers and offering a basic discription of what he is doing as we have nothing to hide and if people understand something a little they are less likely to have negative perceptions of what is actually happening.

that is right mate and i have been known to hand over the shovel if they wanted to have a go (saves on my back lol)
all the times i have been up there i have never had one ounce of trouble only interest and lots of questions
i do this for relaxation and to get clear of my job so interacting is always good
Dredging is illegal and as far as i am concerned they should not be sold
but that is just my opinion

No worries mate.
Think somewhere we have been misunderstood.
We always considered dredging as illegal but
We also consider highbankers
And pumps also illegal at present.
B nice to eventually get them properly
Accepted by the gov.

Latest posts