No Camping At Oallen Ford

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HeadsUp said:
i know whoever put the signs up wont give a rats but surely they cant persecute law abiding citizens because of the illegal actions of others ?

ask firearm owners :D

Bloody hell we shouldn't even be paying council rates or their parking fines
WE HAVE THE COMMON LAW.
We have our own unique written Constitution which provides both express and implied protection of rights.

Mod edit

It would have taken you ages to type that but sorry, Please keep short point comments.

A lot of knowledge there capertee gold, a lot of which I won't remember. In simple terms it would be nice if I never had to remember just cos everybody who uses the area plays by the rules.

Found this while doing some surfing might answer some questions
The fact that we have local governments in Australia as a 'third level' of government under the Commonwealth and State governments is indeed not mentioned in the Commonwealth Constitution. But so what? The Prime Minister is not mentioned. The flag and national anthem are not mentioned. Universities are not mentioned. Driving on the left of the road is not mentioned. Something doesn't have to be mentioned (or 'recognised', which makes it sound more important) in the Constitution to have a place in our legal system.
Local government in each State is established by, or pursuant to, a State Act called, in every case, the Local Government Act. I say 'or pursuant to' because in many cases the Act does not directly specify what local governments shall exist and what their boundaries shall be; these are listed in proclamations or regulations authorised by the Act. But once the existence of a particular local government in certain boundaries has been proclaimed, their powers are spelled out by the relevant Act
Local government does not need to be 'recognised' in the Constitution to validly exist and to have the power to impose fines; it is created by State law and the States have power - existing before the Constitution and continued by the Constitution - to make those laws. Since the States have given local governments the power to regulate traffic, parking, etc, and to impose penalties for breaches of such regulations, they are perfectly valid.

If you want to fight this decision use common sense & base any argument on actual legislation or real concerns/facts. If fought properly with the right channels it could be changed. NAPFA has been a part of a few Crown Lands decisions originally against us during the past year & had some reversed in our favour.
I'm sure Tath has made them aware & things will be in motion.

Danielkrupski said:
A lot of knowledge there capertee gold, a lot of which I won't remember. In simple terms it would be nice if I never had to remember just cos everybody who uses the area plays by the rules.
Yeah itits such a pity that all it takes is a some idiots to spoil it for all
What pees me off is that governments and council's think their a law unto themselves ,I'm getting sick of the people in power acting more like dictators and laying down law's without our say
Think I need a long walk in the bush lol :p

After that one, I would have to take a very long walk in the bush. LOL
In kind fairness, Please just make a short comment on how upset you are
about not being able to Camp at a Location like this.
Like what I did about resting at the Queens leisure.
Yes, Owing to our forum rules, Political Comments are not held in very high regard.
I am sorry but I am having to trim that one down a bit Cobber.
I will be making some more comments about what and who those wish to contact
about this issue.
NAPFA have been advised of the situation and we are formulating a plan of action as
this is not fair to us who do do the right thing.
It is well known to the relevant people that a lot of our Members cherish and treat
Oallen Ford with the respect it deserves.

Thanks for being so understanding CG.
I am sorry I had to do that. :0
If you could see me at the moment I have a grin from ear to ear.
You have a real passion there so don't give up. :)
Love to chat to you around a fire one night.

Yup, i'm always cleaning up other peoples rubbish out there.

For the record... Glass bottles and metal do not burn in fires. I'm guessing the "bogans" who are causing these issues are the ones attempting to do this... You need a huge amount of heat.

All the council needs to do is introduce a permit system , anyone not holding a valid permit is may be prosecuted . The permit would need to be applied for based on aggreeing to certain rules and a stipulated amount of days permitted to camp. They can even charge a fee if they like.

Gaz

GaryO said:
All the council needs to do is introduce a permit system , anyone not holding a valid permit is may be prosecuted . The permit would need to be applied for based on aggreeing to certain rules and a stipulated amount of days permitted to camp. They can even charge a fee if they like.

Gaz

That's a good idea, Gaz. I wonder if TJ has been talking about that to the relevant folks.

A fee would assist paying for maintenance and even for construction of a few facilities, like a couple of long drops and a tank.

I've been reseaching the NSW gov websites on our chosen hobby. I have not yet found the definition of fossicking and prospecting despite the NSW governments promotion of fossicking on state reserves, with the appropriate licence, and may rightly or wrongly assume that applies to crown lands but no licence required.
Crown land , what is it and what is the intended purpose for the use of crown land, in short, my assessment, after much reading,it is land set aside for the greater public use. It would seem to me that Newtons law of relativity is applied to our hobby, that is , for every action there is supposed to be an equal opposite reaction to maintain equilibrium, but in our case it seem we are loosing ground. I base that comment on the typical Oallen Ford scenario, that parcel of crown land has been reclassified as an environmental reservation hence the restrictions and managed by an unknown body. I note that comments have been posted on those idiots doing the wrong thing , but first i would ask, do you do the right thing when using your high banker, in that, how much material do you process in the allowed time frame and do you reinstate your digging area. i have anticipated that my post will cut close to the nerve of forum members however my objective is not to upset members but to make them think about whats really happening. I finally arrived at the HILL END meeting of NAPFA members last saturday and heard the last words spoken relating to the use of pumps and high banking. I you are a forum member and not a member of NAPFA then i would urge you to join , as I did on saturday afternoon. I am now retired and in a past life worked at the coal face in local government in the planning and development area and can see the writing on the wall on the future of fossicking and prospecting. In my opinion and professional judgement , the only way forward is to join an association such as NAPFA and CONTRIBUTE to the formulation of the proposals that your representatives can take to the NSW Government , don't sit back any let the others do it for you. I have been involved with associations and committees and dealing with the governing authorities and can tell you its not an easy task.
Government policy writers usually have a public consultation process with stakeholders ( using the usual buzz words in policy formulation) and generally acknowledge submissions from associations. whether they take note is another thing.
I don't believe that Government operations is a well oiled machine, its fragmented decision making processes and lack of communication between different departments is nothing but unbelievable, and that is reflected in the legislation applied to out chosen hobby.
Join NAPFA and be an active member .

Latest posts