LGHS beechworth finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all this is some of my finds from my trip to beechworth two weeks ago. River was up very high. Still a few people out there. Couldn't do much high banking but found theses washed up not sure on what all of these are but look cool anyway.
Thanks little gem hunter.
1476170473_win_20161011_17_10_48_pro.jpg

1476170535_win_20161011_17_11_59_pro.jpg

1476170589_win_20161011_17_12_52_pro.jpg

1476170671_win_20161011_17_15_14_pro.jpg

Thanks Heatho l think it's not bad for my only second hunt.It was really hard to find any special one as the water was so high and running so fast,l couldn't get to close to it. Dad said when the water goses down a bit we will go back and use the high banker and l can go on the hunt for those good specimens. Mum said l bring home half the river bed each outing :)
All the best to you and all on this site.
LGH

Well done LGH. There's much more to come im sure. In the interim enjoy learning as much as you can. Now I want to get up to Beechworth!

Little gem hunter said:
Thanks Heatho l think it's not bad for my only second hunt.It was really hard to find any special one as the water was so high and running so fast,l couldn't get to close to it. Dad said when the water goses down a bit we will go back and use the high banker and l can go on the hunt for those good specimens. Mum said l bring home half the river bed each outing :)
All the best to you and all on this site.
LGH

It's great for just your second hunt. I'm sure there will be plenty more nice stones to come in the future. Keep at it. :)

G-Day LGH. :) .. It has been quite awhile....nice finds...when the water levels drop you should find more goodies, so keep at it and hopefully you will find that BIG One.... ;)

LoneWolf.....

Well done LGH - the tourmine needles in quartz is a nice specimen :) .

I know nothing about the Beechworth area but if there's tourmalated quartz there, who knows if there might not be something else hiding there as well?

Hey LGH,

We're not long back from Beechworth/Eldorado, and theres lots of cool gems to find there. That bit or tourmalated quartz is a ripper. Here's what we found

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19473

The stuff you can find there is:
Topaz
Tourmaline(black)
Sapphires(very small)
Diamonds
Agate
Jasper
Citrine(like what i found)
Smokey Quartz
Amethyst
Corundum

and gold.

I agree with the other guys here, there was too much water to get to the good stuff, so when the water goes down, there should be lots of good stuff there to find!

Latest posts