Top Day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today is a day that I will remember for a good while. I am in Weipa for work and was able to have my son Jakob come up to give me a hand for a few days. Today we were able to take some time for a fishing trip up the Mission River. Jakob hasn't been here before and we were lucky enough to see a few crocs and caught some good fish. Due to sporting commitments for Jakob when he was younger we didn't get the chance to do much of this sort of thing. I was sitting in the boat and must admit I teared up thinking of how much I love spending quality time with my family. To top the day off the last bait Jakob put on was the one that a 2kg fingermark wanted which he landed. My day was rounded off nicely. I Cherish my family. Cheers Guys. :)

My sons are 27 and 24 and I have to say when we get time together alone it's always a good day. You didn't say how old Jakob is but they grow up fast and time with your kids is gold. Reads like you had a ball. Cheers Peter

kemjak57 said:
Today is a day that I will remember for a good while. I am in Weipa for work and was able to have my son Jakob come up to give me a hand for a few days. Today we were able to take some time for a fishing trip up the Mission River. Jakob hasn't been here before and we were lucky enough to see a few crocs and caught some good fish. Due to sporting commitments for Jakob when he was younger we didn't get the chance to do much of this sort of thing. I was sitting in the boat and must admit I teared up thinking of how much I love spending quality time with my family. To top the day off the last bait Jakob put on was the one that a 2kg fingermark wanted which he landed. My day was rounded off nicely. I Cherish my family. Cheers Guys. :)

That's GOLD mate! :D

Ziggy said:
My sons are 27 and 24 and I have to say when we get time together alone it's always a good day. You didn't say how old Jakob is but they grow up fast and time with your kids is gold. Reads like you had a ball. Cheers Peter
Jakob is 19 and although I spent a lot of time with him at baseball where he was a rep player in his school days. It was not always fun but it was special just the same. Time does go so fast and I am pleased that he is doing Uni in Cairns so we get to have him at home a bit longer, not looking forward to him going when the time is right. But it happens to all of us.

Latest posts