Silver at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been looking over your silver finds since 1st of October 2016, and, you have 52 Silvers already, top score in any books I recon Ktmman !
8) :cool: 52
Great learning curve going up there. :p
And a great thread to follow too. :D
And your silvers are coming out looking just fine as they are. ;)

Nice finds Ktmman.

Will probably bump into you down there one day, I've been meaning to check out the two ghost town in your area, have you tried them at all?
I'm hoping to get back to a couple of spots at Cordalba during the holidays.

The last time we were at Childers, someone had been all over the show grounds with a shovel and I was expecting the council to hunt us. Still got a couple of pennys and a few spendables. Looks like every grey nomad with a detector has had a go at the place.

Happy new year.
Daggy

Thanks Daggy, I've only been to the showgrounds once and found $7.
My brother is the head gardener on the Isis council and has seen a few ppl detecting ,around the buildings mainly.Pretty sure they have top dressed the ring so many times the older coins are pretty deep.

Have been out to Cordalba a few times for some Pennies, best find was the 1907 Britt penny.

I know where the old towns were, need to get permissions for 3 house/pub sites at one of them.

Ah ok, was wandering about permission at the town sites as the QLD GOV overlay on google earth shows all the land as freehold.
I've managed to get permission to the old Monduran township west of Bundy but it's been done over before, still worth a look.

I'm starting to think that someone should start a thread where we can tell each other which sites we've cleaned up. The amount of fuel I've burn't to find nothing is incredible but the drive is often interesting. The mount Perry racetrack, built in the 1880's, not even a ringpull in the ground, the place is spotless but a nice drive lol.
Every public hall around bundy is clean but it's still fun researching the local history.

I've found a few good historic spots around my area but I'm waiting for the grass to be mowed, two foot tall in places. Give us a yell if your out this way and I try to point you to a few old sites.

Daggy

One day, somewhere, someone will dig the last silver, ever ! :lol:

Well the new year is upon us, this will be my first full year of detecting and am really looking forward to it.
Slow start at my Dads place couple hours from home. $2 and some BB's.Need more time there,it was 36c so didn't swing for long.

When I got home had a few hours to kill so drove out to the honeyhole.
It had been pouring rain and there was water an inch deep across the paddock and every hole I dug filled with water in seconds.
Still paid out some new year silver though,along with the BB's and 20c.

1483360986_2nd_2017_all.jpg

1483361001_2nd_silver_2017.jpg

Thank's mate, I'll be heading down to Nowra in March for 3-4 days. Will have to see whether we can do a PA meet up somewhere in the area.

Depends on whether I count going to my brother in laws wedding as work :cool:
Would like to go for a swing if I can get away for a few hours. Do you live in Nowra?
I have few areas in mind in town,though they have prob already been done over.

Latest posts