Silver at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see you back.
Been wondering where you've been!
Nice hunt, I like that 1875 penny, looks like a good one for the pencils.
We've been going over the local grounds that have been done over numerous times by other people and killing it! I can't believe how much people miss.
Me and Pat were watching a bloke with a 705 at the old lighthouse at Bargara after the 'light house festival" and it looked like a comedy routine.

Daggy

Daggy said:
Good to see you back.
We've been going over the local grounds that have been done over numerous times by other people and killing it! I can't believe how much people miss.
Me and Pat were watching a bloke with a 705 at the old lighthouse at Bargara after the 'light house festival" and it looked like a comedy routine.

Daggy
Swinging high looking low ? :lol:

Daggy said:
Good to see you back.

Daggy
When I was at the beach last week at Surfers,I watched an old bloke walk down onto the sand and start swinging 2 inches off the sand with the coil angled up almost at a 45% angle. Funnest thing I'd seen all week.
If the weather hadn't turned to poo an hour later,I would have gone down and picked up what he would have missed.

ktmman said:
Daggy said:
Good to see you back.

Daggy
When I was at the beach last week at Surfers,I watched an old bloke walk down onto the sand and start swinging 2 inches off the sand with the coil angled up almost at a 45% angle. Funnest thing I'd seen all week.
If the weather hadn't turned to poo an hour later,I would have gone down and picked up what he would have missed.

Funny you said that KTmann that's exactly what i did as soon as it rained - best time to detect :)

So, I got half way through the mowing before I ran out of fuel.
Then it started raining... But I wasn't letting that stop me, I took Danny's advice and headed out to the Thrippy mines anyway.
First target.
1512287214_3rd_dec_17_first_3d.jpg

And they kept coming
1512287254_3rd_dec_17_2nd_3d.jpg

1512287285_3rd_dec_17_3rd_3d.jpg

There were are few pennies amongst them
1512287329_3rd_dec_17_penny.jpg

Poor penny was hit by a gun shooter 8.(
1512287388_3rd_dec_17_poor_penny.jpg

The silvers
1512287439_3rd_dec_17_silvers.jpg

And the rest
1512287478_3rd_dec_17_all.jpg

All up,not a bad afternoon getting wet for the cause. Now to get to that cricket field I've been wanting to do for 2 months now :rolleyes:

Danny13 said:
Ktmann I had to go overseas to detect Silver , I think because of you - there are no silver coins left here :p
There must be a few left, somewhere :D Just need some rain to soften the ground round these parts.

Latest posts