Silver at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got an X-Terra 705 for fathers day. Have spent the last month getting a handle on how it works.
So far have found about $23.30 in spendables.
Today I finally found my first old coin ,and a silver one at that. Very happy with my results so far,now to hit a couple of old town sites in the area.
1475322303_first_silver.jpg

The first silver is always a special milestone, they should start to flow now if you have some good sites up your sleeve. :)

1475477578_1927_silver.jpg

Had a quick swing before the rain and mozzie drove me away. Another fairly clean little 3p and a toasty 1956 penny kept me keen.
And $3.10 in spendables to keep the batteries coming,though the 705 seems to be really frugal on them as I am still on the first set.

Great find there ktmman how are you finding the 705 as I have just received one and only playing in the back yard to get used to it How have you found it and what settings are you using

ktmman said:
Rockhound said:
Awesome find's ktm :D You got that pinpointer yet

Hey mate,yeah,got a Deteknix xpointer. Really helps finding those tiny 3p. You been out lately?
Yeah mate been out a few times this week.Just been going over the old saleyards near home.

Hey Roy. I'm still getting to grips with it myself.
I am finding it a little easier the more I use it. I have watched a lot of Youtube videos and burying some coins to find helps too.
I have been trying different settings to see how they work. I am now mostly using it in all metals unless the ground is super trashy.
Also digging all the steady signals to see what they are will help,you soon get sick of ring pulls though :)

1476001344_first_6_pence.jpg

My first six pence and oldest coin along with another 3p
1476001374_1_pennys.jpg

Along with 2 pennys from an old hall.
1476001861_half_penny.jpg

My first half penny from the old hall
1476001918_isis_penny1.jpg

Lots of fun today,went to 3 different areas to sample, first was an old railway ghost town from the late 18 hundreds.
Found 1 cent and a 1935 penny. Lots of trash and a big area that will take many trips to cover.
Next went in to the local showgrounds with my brother,lucky for me he works on the local council as the head gardener
so no worries about permissions.Found $5 in gold coins in 10 minutes so will be back there for petrol money soon.
Lastly out to an old hall to find some silvers and pennies to cap off the day. Not a huge haul, but a good practice for things to come.

Great results
congrats on the silvers
The pennies look to be in pretty good condition too ;)
Have you got the date of the half penny?
1923 is the one to look out for :p

Sandta said:
Great results
congrats on the silvers
The pennies look to be in pretty good condition too ;)
Have you got the date of the half penny?
1923 is the one to look out for :p

Not yet Sandta,have just given them a quick clean with water and a tooth brush.
Still need to research how to clean coppers without wrecking them.

Latest posts