12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey MG can you make ME a pick lol ,I am a sheaty by trade so i can see the excellent work in those parts and also the attention to detail and finish very nice work mate .Is that a laser cutter in the background of one of those pictures ?? .PP

Hi Pete,

No Lasercutter mate, I have 2 plasma cutters but getting the 5 Axis CNC Mill was a better choice because its so versatile. Outsource any laser requirements to Ultimate Laser in Dandenong, or any large aluminium waterjet requirements above 8.0mm they send across to their Ultimate Water Jet Cutting facility.

Cheers

limpalot said:
Hi MG, Bisalloy would be the best for your pick as it won't chip like tungsten can. Will weld to steel OK too.

Yeah its strong but brittle material Tungsten Carbide, I machine some intricate parts with as small as 0.6mm End Mill and these things spin and move with great feeds and speeds etc for such a small piece and the slightest knock and goodbye end mill, even when changing the mills very careful they dont drop onto the cutting bed - broke a few that way, or the slightest bump from the tool when loosening the collets. Things we learn. Most of my cutters are from Guhring and it hurts when its a 0.6mm end mill for $38.00 dollars each time it breaks.

Yeah Bisalloy would be great considering the Ultimate Tensile Strength, even an 80 is relatively higher than the general mild steel 250.

Food for thought, but hey if I just shape a bit I might get another 3 months before another dressing.

Cheers

S*** is there nothing you haven't got you should talk to Graeme from the training day he would now all about that kind of thing best welder I have ever seen and he is also pedantic when he makes anything bit like me lol (NOT)

G'day MG

Mate you are a man of many talents great post,great vids and now have seen some
of your real handy work which is very impressive.
Now i know who i can call to get something made up with precision.

Concrats on the WA lease, hope it all comes of for you sounds like a great
adventure you deserve it mate.You will love the flies over there.

Keep up the great work you do MG.

Thankyou

Hi Guys,

Well it got the better of me, and thought the only way I can fulfill my obligations to get back out the bush was to take some action. I would like to thank you guys and especially Pirate Pete for keeping me on my feet.

In the first images are the results of a pick that has unearthed many great things in the years, more so the last 6 months when it has copped a fair beaten. The main killer was when I didnt have the hammer and chisel when I found that calcrete hole with gold, I done the silly thing to keep hitting away punishing my pick with each blow. But in the end it was a fun day.

Say goodbye to the old faithful

What a talking point this has been though
1487237912_pic_0084.jpg

1487237912_pic_0085.jpg

1487237912_pic_0086.jpg

And hello to the new and improved - should get the job done a lot better for another few months.
1487238013_pic_0088.jpg

1487238013_pic_0089.jpg

1487238013_pic_0090.jpg

Better get out and put it into some action find targets then smash that ground. - thanks guys god bless you all.

Regards MG

Bloody nice job mate :Y: :Y: :Y: almost as good as i would have done lol no really good to see that your a man of your word already knew that anyway ;)

Nice work on the pick MG looks better than a bought one.
Gota make all that digging you do alot easier, the ground will crumble out.

Looks to good to scar it up. I noticed ya have a tig . I've hard faced mine with the the tig and is a much neater process than using an arc . I didn't know you could hard face with a tig until recently. Lasts a lot longer but still needs a touch up every now and then.

Yeah been very well thanks mate and have been out and about over last couple of weekends
sored myself a nice 9gram nugget and a couple of little ones so very happy indeed.

Your post and vids shore do make a differents out in the field i take more in looking at the grounds and whats around me now
so thankyou MG

Regards Oldschool

Status
Not open for further replies.