12 Weeks To Find First Gold (Persistence Pays).

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HoudiniHarry said:
The chunk was not my gold and not my story I was just impressed, all I can say is south of Bendigo.
Cheers

Nice one Harry,

Hah - sacrilege - Just like that commercial in the middle of woop woop, up ship creek, or maybe a lock stock moment its one of those on a need to know basis. Great scene that one.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdiTmEvxamM[/video]

Minelab Gold said:
Pirate pete said:
He said you have about a week , by the way MG your bloody pick needs sharpening lol and your coil needs re-taping as well lol; just thought I would point these things out cant help myself lol ;) .PP

Hi Pete,

I have noticed the tape has been deteriorating for a couple of weeks now. And its on the procrastination list, better get onto both the pick and the skid plate.

Thanks for the great observation.

sounds like my list lol

I know right,

Everytime I put the video's together - I say to myself wow these poor guys listening to me puff away. Its because I also hold the camera shoulder height. And I need to learn to breath I reckon. Haha.

Point taken yes the pick is blunt and makes me work so damn hard. That day when I took the sharp pick I was like, hit the ground and chunks just came out rather than shattering the ground into a dusty pile of rubble.

Its on the priority list now Pete, I guarantee next Vid it will be sharp.

Lock Stock and Snatch are 2 really good movies. Love them

I will be looking to see if your pick is sharp lol I know you will take the sharp one out with you lol . Its ok I had to reweld mine so I was using my wife's for a couple of weeks that was on my todo list lol fixed now .just had a thought you need one of those go-pro cams with a chest harness just for some more gear to carry :lol: PP

Minelab Gold said:
madhatter said:
How long do we get MG?
Im quite deaf from the guns n roses concert in melbourne last night and might not be able to properly hear the signal for a few days still :rolleyes:

Hi MH,

Nice one Champ, GnR's would have been excellent to see. And the comp will run for 1 week, I will post up the final vid on the 20th.

Cheers

Excellent!!
My hearing should be better in a day or 2 so i will post my answer then.
Fantastic concert, me and my son loved it!!
Except axle thought he was in sydney!!! ]:D

Pirate pete said:
I will be looking to see if your pick is sharp lol I know you will take the sharp one out with you lol . Its ok I had to reweld mine so I was using my wife's for a couple of weeks that was on my todo list lol fixed now .just had a thought you need one of those go-pro cams with a chest harness just for some more gear to carry :lol: PP

Hi Pete,

Nooo - I wont take the other sharp pick, I will keep my word and sharpen this one Hmmmm good idea though

Go-Pro's are pretty good with the amount of attachments and the quality of the image is great with the 4k ones.

Anyway time to sharpen this bloody pick. The end thats meant to be pointy almost has a 20mm radius I reckon. The flat end is like a 3mm flat piece of steel, its more blunt than James, It wont even cut through a bloody 2mm tree root and I reckon my ball peen hammer is sharper than my pick. Time for change

:)

Minelab Gold said:
Anyway time to sharpen this bloody pick. The end thats meant to be pointy almost has a 20mm radius I reckon. The flat end is like a 3mm flat piece of steel, its more blunt than James, It wont even cut through a bloody 2mm tree root and I reckon my ball peen hammer is sharper than my pick. Time for change

MG just think how much more time you could send digging more targets with a sharp pick. The way you operate and the ground your working should increase your gold tally I'm thinking :Y:

Minelab Gold said:
Pirate pete said:

Hi Pete,

Nooo - I wont take the other sharp pick, I will keep my word and sharpen this one Hmmmm good idea though

Go-Pro's are pretty good with the amount of attachments and the quality of the image is great with the 4k ones.

Have you got a Arc Welder, get some hardfacing rods and buildup your edges then sharpen it as it wears down a bit, do it again, your pick will last for ever

Or use a flapper disk on a grinder.
That way you don't heat the metal
up and gives a smooth finish. :)

RM Outback said:
Minelab Gold said:

MG just think how much more time you could send digging more targets with a sharp pick. The way you operate and the ground your working should increase your gold tally I'm thinking :Y:

Hi RM,

Thats true buddy, should speed things up, make digging a whole lot easier in a way. More time to savour the moment.

Cheers mate - by the way headphones are working a treat thanks again.

woomera said:
Minelab Gold said:
Pirate pete said:

Hi Pete,

Have you got a Arc Welder, get some hardfacing rods and buildup your edges then sharpen it as it wears down a bit, do it again, your pick will last for ever

Hi Woomera,

Yeah mate got all the tools to manufacture almost anything, Tig, Mig, Arc, Oxy, Lathe, CNC 5 Axis Mill, 2800mm Folder, Rollers, Benders, Aluminium Fab, Anodizing, list goes on. I have had some time but just been procrastinating a lot of things lately mate.

Here are some parts I designed in Inventor and manufactured for a customer - Anodized Black
1487213423_base_v1.jpg

1487213481_image1.jpg

1487213482_image2.jpg

This boom assembly - also had 2 springs on each side adjustable for tension of the upwards and downwards travel. And the Camera Mount Plate on one end, just cant find me pictures.
1487213519_1.jpg

1487213519_3.jpg

1487213519_4.jpg

Maybe I should pull my finger out and take 5 minutes to do the pick.

Cheers M.G

Tathradj said:
Or use a flapper disk on a grinder.
That way you don't heat the metal
up and gives a smooth finish. :)

Hi Tathra, Yeah I will most likely give it a go over with the polyfan/flapdisk or belt sander and then just draw file the faces.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts